Is it because of trivalley

san3297

My landlord informed me that DHS persons came to my apartment. Me and my wife were out to work. Last year in May we applied for trivalley , we received the I20 from them but i never applied for COS. I am currently on H1B and iam not related to Tri valley anyway different from explained above. They dint left any call back number and iam not sure why did they came to my apartment. Can some one please let me know how to deal with this.

Is your wife also on H1?
If she never changed to F1 based on the TVU I-20, she is fine. ICE just goes through the paperwork they seized from TVU, and question all the people TVU issued I-20s to. If the I-20 wasn't used, there is no problem. Just make sure that your wife has all her documents in order, so that she can explain that she didn't change status if the people from ICE show up again.

Is your wife also on H1?
If she never changed to F1 based on the TVU I-20, she is fine. ICE just goes through the paperwork they seized from TVU, and question all the people TVU issued I-20s to. If the I-20 wasn't used, there is no problem. Just make sure that your wife has all her documents in order, so that she can explain that she didn't change status if the people from ICE show up again.

Currently she is on H1 it was COS from H4 to H1. She never changed status to F1 though we applied and received I20. Are there any cases where they showed up just for receiving I20. I am not sure why did they came, they dint leave any notice or contact number to reach back. Forget to update in previous posting we changed the state one month back and they came to my previous address. How can i know why did they came, is there any number so that i can reach them to check abt this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your wife is 100% fine...u just go to ICE website and find contact number for the state u were in. Make sure to call asap..otherwise they will issue NTA.

I called ICE NJ and they were not able to verify anything with the details i provided but they took my details and said will let me know if they get to know anything. Number i called is 9737763300. Please let me know if i need to call any different number. I also called DHS they too were not sure abt it and they said will get back if they found any but they dint do any search, just took details and said will forward to the appropriate dept. I called apt guys just to make sure abt it again, they confirmed the same. Not sure what to do now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think u r fine, that's the most u can do. Anyway to talk to Rajiv sir on Wednesday @2:30pm conference call.