Is it Approved?!!! What should I do??? HELP PLEASE

missing

My Lawyer has rcvd a welcome notice saying that our GC have been approved and the plastic cards will be mailed. But she is saying that is not a regular approval notice and this might be just a mistake due to the computer. I have seen people in this portal have rcvd this kind of welcome notice and got their passport stamped as well. But my attorney says that if it is not the actual approval notice then USCIS will just revoke the case again.

My case is still missing from online data base. No way I can find out the latest status.

Will some one please help regarding what should I do?

Is there any further update regarding this kind of welcome notice??

Last edited by a moderator:
missing said:
My Lawyer has rcvd a welcome notice saying that our GC have been approved and the plastic cards will be mailed. But she is saying that is not a regular approval notice and this might be just a mistake due to the computer. I have seen people in this portal have rcvd this kind of welcome notice and got their passport stamped as well. But my attorney says that if it is not the actual approval notice then USCIS will just revoke the case again.

My case is still missing from online data base. No way I can find out the latest status.

Will some one please help regarding what should I do?

Is there any further update regarding this kind of welcome notice??

Get the welcome notice from your lawyer and get 2 ADIT photos for each applicant and go to the local center and get your passport stamped.

If you search some of the posts in this portal may of our friends have received similar "WELCOME NOTICES" and got their passports stamps. Make sure you take 2 ADIT photos for each applicant, EADs, APs and I-94 documents as well as passports with you when you go to the local center.

If you want research this portal to find out the appropriate posts and send them to your attorney for clarification.

Also you can call the Service Center directly and ask about your case by providing your case number, you might have to endure a 30 - 60 minute wait on the phone though.

my $0.02

It has been verified by several members of this forum that those welcome messages are actually valid approvals.

USCIS “Welcome Notices” Indicate Actual Approval of Adjustment of Status Application

Here is an update on the Welcome Notices errors from CSC.

The USCIS California Service Center (CSC) has informed our office that the erroneous “Welcome Notices” it recently issued for Adjustment of Status applications indicate that the I-485 application was in fact approved. When we initially contacted the CSC about these notices, the CSC believed that the notices were automatically generated by a problem in its computer system. The CSC has since learned that the erroneous notices were issued due to clerical computer entry errors when the I-485 applications were reviewed and approved. Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident.

Before you go to the local service center, you should call the 1-800 number and be sure about the status of your case. Your lawyer should help you getting this info from the service center too.

Anyway, looks like somthing has happened to your case and you are lucky.