Is it advisable to move from TSC to NSC RD 06/2002?

zc58888

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I have a job opportunity to move to Chicago from Dallas, which I believe comes under NSC. Do you think the move would have any adverse affect on my 485 processing time? Job is similar as described in Labor. Your inputs are very valued. I wish to use AC21

Thanks
PD: 12/99
485 ND: 06/02
FP: 07/02 expired.
EAD: applied for third one in 03/04. 2nd one expiring on 07/04

3 possibilities can occur:

1) Your case stays in TSC until it is approved

2) Your case gets to the TSC processing date and gets transferred to NSC. The case would get approved at NSC when the NSC processing date was current or near.

3) When the date becomes current at TSC, your case could be transferred to the local USCIS office in your area for processing, or even an interview. This is the worst case scenario, since you would have no way of tracking the case.

If 2 or # happens, it could take 3-6 months from the time that you get the notice that the case has been transfered to the time that it actually shows up at the new location. During that time, you would be biting your nails hopig that it doesn't get lost in the mail, or in thier arcane internal filing system.

Last edited by a moderator:
any adverse affect for chanign location using AC21?

Do I need to update address for my pending cases in TSC? Can someone please guide me. Will there be any adverse affect for changing location to Chicago from Dallas?

Please respond ASAP.
Thanks

Transfer of service center happens very rarely. So even if you move it will not be transferred to NSC. It continue at TSC only. There will not be any problem. I have moved from VSC are to TSC area. I know lot of friends moved like this. No one has got transfers.

I moved twice

My case is in TSC and I have moved from dallas to California (CSC) and then again moved from California to Virginia (VSC). My case stayed in TSC and got approved just yesterday.

Personally, I would think there won't be any major problems by changing jobs in different service centers. Transfer of cases do happen, but most of the times it is to a district office instead of service center. I think, overall, district offices are not that bad in processing times. Usually interviews are scheduled within couple of months.

Good luck...

GC6020

When you change your address you have to send AR11 and need to nofity 1-800 the address change. Transferring cases are random, transfers are not dependent on adress changes.