is it a must to have employment letter notarized?

usa_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

is it a must to have employment letter notarized? My attorney said since it is on company letter head , it is not necessary to get notarized? I have a CP interview shortly.

Awaiting inputs.

Thanks

To be safe

usa_card,

It doesn't take a lot of efforts to get documents notarised in US. Your bank may do it. Or even your work place might have an individual who has authorization to notarize a document.

Just get it notarized before your interview to be on safe side.

Thanks and Good Luck.

careful

I'd expect that only the company can get the employment letter notarized. Not the employee.

I mean what does the notary say in effect. That the employment letter is authentic. I do not see how that would work if the employee took the letter to the notary.

Originally posted by usa_gcard
Hello Friends,

is it a must to have employment letter notarized? My attorney said since it is on company letter head , it is not necessary to get notarized? I have a CP interview shortly.

Awaiting inputs.

Thanks

usa_gcard,

Employment verification letter MUST be notorized. There are no options here. Notary Public will not notorize, unless the person signing the letter, does so in his presence.

So, when we say notorization, it has to happen at the place where the letter was issued. It can not be done after the fact.

Apart from this, notorization applies to I-134 ( Affidavit of support ) which you have to give for each member of your family, applying for GC with you. These have to be notorized as well.
( if you are the only person under this petition, then you do not need I-134 ).

But since these are affidavits given by you, you can get them notorized yourself.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Notarization of the employment letter is a must ....

look at the FAM regulations that the consulates use ... it says the employment letter has to be notarized .... the company has to send u a notarized letter ....

u only have to get the I-134s notarized for each dependent.....

The employment letter has to be notarized,it ia an unwritten rule. It is the company who has to get it notarized.Genrally the person who issues the letter has to sign the employment letter in front of the notary public..
In case of the I134 it is you who has to get it notarized.