Is it 100 % save if I change to a similar job after file I 485 more than 180 days ?

autumn river

Registered Users (C)
Does INS need any extra paperwork from my former employer if I change the job after 180 days? Also do I need to tell INS about the job change? Or any extra paperwork I need to prepare to send to INS?

A little bit confused by this 180 days thing. Please help me on that, I will really appreciate your answers!

180 days job change and move to another service center jurisdiction VSC->TSC any comments????

Guys

I am getting a good offer in TSC(Houston) area using EAD and 180 days.

Can someone tell me the risks involved?

485 not yet approved. RD/ND Jan2001 FP completed. waiting for approval.

Nothing is 100% safe, we know very well !!!!!!

But I know lot of cases getting approved after job change and yet to know who was denied.

No Title

A few friends of mine changed job after 180 days and they got approved.
They all got RFEs. To reply, include employment letter from former employer stating
the employment time and one last pay stub from former employer to
prove they changed job after 180 days.

They also included an employment letter from current employer stating the job
type of their current possitions. Hope this helps.

No Title

Currently I am on vacation and doesnot have last pay stuff to prove when I left the co. after 180 days. Please let me know if there is any other way out.
Thans in advance

How did ur friends informed INS about the job change

Hi eric94043,
I am in a process of changing my job after 180 days, could u please let us know the process of informing INS. what all documents i need from my present employer before this switch, I am in good terms with my employer so hope fully they will provide all the docs. Do i need to go for a new lawyer to handle any of my RFE\'s if any thing appears in future? Do i need a lawyer to tell INS that i am switching to new employer?
ur early reply shall be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance

No Title

I don\'t know how to inform INS. All my friends got their RFEs not
because they changed jobs, but because their applications have been
pending for so long and INS wanted to verify their current employment.They sent those docs in addition to the INS requested in
RFEs ( ie, employment letter, pay stubs, tax return ).

Regarding to lawyer, my idea is to keep old one if it is possible. Otherwise you need to inform INS you lawyer has been changed, which might wake up INS for more check on your case. This is only my guess.

I am also in the same boat , I gathered the following

info,
1. We need to file G-28 ,application for change of attorney. That way our new lawyer has right to ask the old one to transfer all documents related to us. Also future RFE .. etc will go to him. After filing G-28 , you may need to call IIO to make sure that your lawyer\'s address in updated in your case. Typically this process takes 2 to 3 weeks. So call the IIO after 3 weeks .
2.It\'s better to send a letter to INS about change of employer. Lawyer can prepare this . Please give him copies of labor . He can prepare a better job description based on that. Make sure to have the same salary and title . (Title can be similar i.e SOFTWARE ENGINEER = SYSTEMS ANALYST = PROGRAMMER ANALYST..... ETC)

HOPE THIS HELPS.

job chage after 180 days issues

Thanks for sharing this info with me iamok and eric944043
i already have EAD and Advance parole, if i change job, are there any issue of travelling to india on the advance payrole which i received from my present empolyer.
iamok when u r saying that we have to inform INS, by any chance do u know any case who did this and do we need a lawyer for that or we can do it by ourself. is there any time limit in which we have to inform INS?

hi ash2000

1.One can travel abroad using AP . It\'s not employer specific . As long as your I-485 is pending , you are fine. Same case with EAD.
2.One of my colleague did that and he got approved .
3.it\'s better to go through lawyer . But it\'s not necessary. One can apply their own I-485 with out any attorney. But as I said better to go through a lawyer .
4.there is no time frame to inform INS.
5.if want to continue with the old lawyer, please don\'t do any of the things I advised INS may or may not issue a RFE. As long as your old lawyer cooperates , you are fine .

Got Laid off After 180 days of I-485 and FP. Please Help...

Hi Gurus
  I got laid off yesterday and I have completed 180 days of my I485.
1. What are the chances of getting RFE after 180 days ???
2. In how many days I need to look another employer in order to continue GC processing.

Please advise. Any info/experiences

Thanks in advance