Is INS mail forwarded to Newaddress

cha

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EAD from address A and i moved to address B.

I informed Postal services to forward my mail to New address.

Do the Postal Service forward EAD to new address?

Any experiences, please share.

Thanks,

You'll need to inform INS the change of address.

This will not only facilitate receiving corresspondence from INS but also required by law which I belieive is being strictly enforced in recnt times

It does get forwarded to new address, my sis-in-law got her extension approved, approval letter was mailed to old address and we got it at our new address.

Re:Mail Forwarding

I applied to I-485 in April 02 . I did not recieve EAD/AP approval until this year January. The delay was caused by the fact that INS/BCIS had assigned an Alien number to me that in fact was previously assigned to someone else.

When I moved moved to a new address in Nov 2002.I informed INS/BCIS of this address change , by calling them and sending a letter , and also filed AR-11, I was surprised when the approval for EAD and AP came this year in January. The envelope had the old address and post office had indeed forwarded the post to my new address.

I called up BCIS again and IIO still had my old address. Got it rectified in Feb 02.

I am still waiting to get FP notice.

Anand

You MUST file form AR-11 within 10 day of moving, AND call the service center where you filed your application(s) so they have your most recent address.

Postal services will never forward the mail from INS. File AR-11 and don't forget to call NCSC to update your address.

I know someone whose citizenship interview mail was forwarded - but thats an exception. I think INS mail comes in an envelope which request the post office to return to sender if undeliverable and not to forward.

BCIS sucks..

BCIS does not have solid answer for anything .I hate to see a system like this .

fill out the form AR11 understood, but to call Bcis, and speak to the people with no connection to the service center and no knowldege of immigration, i think that does not make sense,

very funny!
everybody have different opinion.
how about asking the USPS???
I don't see the reason why it wouldn't be forwarded.

What if you go for long vacation, and want to have all your mail
forwarded to new place temporary or a POBOX ?
people, think!

YES....INS mail does get forwarded !

It realy depends on the mail disbursement facility in your city. I used to get mail forwarded from my old address in New York to a different one in Miami, including INS mail. But, yeah....if you dont wanna give the INS an address change, give them a friend's address in whatever area...that should take care of it.

There is no rule that says federal mail should not be forwarded.
INS/BCIS mail do not have any restrictions on it thay says" Do not forward". I have received 3 types of letters from INS so far: approval notices, receipt notices, welcome letters and actual green card. None of these letters had "do not forward" on it.

I changed my apartment but was under the same postoffice. I requested the postmaster to forward any INS related mails to my new address and I did receive my EAD's.

I talked to my attorney before, and they said the post office would not forward government mails. There may be some exceptions depending on your particular postman, but my wife had her EAD returned due to address change and I have read some similar issues here on this forum.