is I-134 notorisation mandatory if I am in India?

ni_armstrong

I returned to india from US 1 year back , got married and since then I am in India. Now when I go for CP - interview, do I need to carry a notorised I 134 or the immigration officer can notorise it at the time of interview?

Thanks in advance

No. Its not required.

However, just fill the form and carry it with you. You don't have to sign on it. You don't even need any notary's signature.

Cool..... :)

Yes.The immigration officer can notarise you...

BJ77
ni_armstrong said:
I returned to india from US 1 year back , got married and since then I am in India. Now when I go for CP - interview, do I need to carry a notorised I 134 or the immigration officer can notorise it at the time of interview?

Thanks in advance

if I am in US and get it notarized by a notary, it should be okay .
Am I right ??

Or is it that the notarization can done by immigration officer only.

thanks

Notary

Notary can be done by the designated noatry in US (usually found in bank) or by the immigration officer in India. No other try of notary is accepted by the immigration officer. If you are in US, it's best to get all the required documents notarized before leaving for India for the CP interview.

Thanks & Good Luck.

MiDelhi said:
if I am in US and get it notarized by a notary, it should be okay .
Am I right ??

Or is it that the notarization can done by immigration officer only.

thanks

I agree with cpdelhi and BJ77. You should take a unsigned filled form and sign it in front of the consul officer.

Question about I-134(affidavit of support)

Should this be printed on ONE single sheet back to back? Or 2 separate sheets. My notary has signed only 2nd page. I did 2 different pages. Should I get this redone before I leave.

Any inputs appreciated.

thanks

abaliga,
Mumbai consulate accepts only back to back. So I think this should be same with all the consulate so better get B2B and get nortary stamp on the second side(Backside) of I-134 where you and your notary will sign.

Thanks