Is employment letter needed for 485 filing based on NIW?

hang

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have another question. I filed 140 based on NIW already. Now I am to send in 485. Do I need to enclose an employment, for example, saying something about the position, salary, and the employment is permanent?

Thanks!

Yes.
hang said:
Hi all,

I have another question. I filed 140 based on NIW already. Now I am to send in 485. Do I need to enclose an employment, for example, saying something about the position, salary, and the employment is permanent?

Thanks!

Nice posts. I have couple of questions. I am filing NIW 140/485. Curently I am working in IT. I have advanced degree/research in Physics and want to make that the basis for NIW.

What should I fill in Part 6 of 140 the details on 'Proposed Employment' ?

I am filing 140 based on Physics, currently working in IT, and don't know the future employer. Could I leave this part blank?

Or should I say current Employer ? If say I will continue my current job then I won't be able to justify filing NIW through my Physics research.

Any suggestions here?

Thank much

EBandNIW,
NIW applicants have to be exceptional (research publications or awards or book authors or all of it..)

i understand that you want to take a chance, my advice is that you make sure you dont invest too much money on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
From your post, I really feel that NIW is really abused nowadays.

You are not doing anything which is in the national interest right now... not to mention in the future...

I know some people who jump to IT just for a job... And now they are trying to make use of something that they discarded long time ago...