Is driver's license valid even if h1b expires and is then later renewed.

pangyan

I got a DL a long time ago which is valid till 2010. During 2008, my 6 years on H1B was expired, so I went back to India for a year. I am now returning in 2009, about 15 months after on a new H1B.

Can I still use my DL to drive in California? I will of course renew it in 2010 when it expires, but at that time, I can use my H1B to get an extension.

I got a DL a long time ago which is valid till 2010. During 2008, my 6 years on H1B was expired, so I went back to India for a year. I am now returning in 2009, about 15 months after on a new H1B.

Can I still use my DL to drive in California? I will of course renew it in 2010 when it expires, but at that time, I can use my H1B to get an extension.

Yes, it remains valid until 2010.

Hello,

Yes, you can use the same DL for driving till 2010 but for the your own safety you can concern the authority of California. Many times they create some problem.

Regards,
Olivia

yes you can, but be sure that it doesn't expire. otherwise you'll have to retake the dmv test.