Is a Website Print-Out sufficient record for traffic citations?

chico74

Registered Users (C)
I have been cited 4 times in my "US history" in 3 different states, all for minor traffic violations. In 3 cases I paid a small fine (under $500) and in the forth case the complaint was dropped by the court due to the lengthy passage of time.
I found an online record of my citations in each court's clerk website. My question: In case I/O asks for citations records during interview - do I need to apply to each court clerk and ask for an "official" citation dispotion record as a proof that citations were "closed" (either paid off or dismissed) or is it sufficient to show him/her a print out from the website record I found online?

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview has not been scheduled yet, but I have or requested the following for my 3 tickets:

(1) ticket payment receipt for one of my speeding tickets, which were returned to me by the concerned court after I chose to not to appear in the court and instead pay fine

(2) had requested official record of payment of fine record for another speeding violation

(3) had requested official record of payment of fine.

But all fines are minor in the range of $50-70 except one, that too was less than $300.

After your post I too checked county clerks office website and found one look for traffic records. I don't know of anyone successfully using the online-records-print-outs for showing disposition of their traffic violations, but I think they should work as they at least have concerned court's logo on top and browser prints the date and URL of the page at the top and bottom of each printed page and I think it is sometimes better than original record which in my case one is printed in very fine lettering with no logo, just as if I had created a file in notepad and printed it. I think take all the original/ official payment records for any many you have and take online printouts of dispositions for rest, but if you have time between now and interview then why not just mail or fax a request to each county court/ clerk requesting for your official disposition for your traffic violation. They take any where between few days to few weeks to receive so take as many as possible official records with you that are received till a day before your interview and online print outs for rest. I would do this way in your situation. You can also request traffic record from each state's DMV, where you had been living/ driving but some of them charge money, they had been used by people successfully, as evident from various posts in this forum.

I have been cited 4 times in my "US history" in 3 different states, all for minor traffic violations. In 3 cases I paid a small fine (under $500) and in the forth case the complaint was dropped by the court due to the lengthy passage of time.
I found an online record of my citations in each court's clerk website. My question: In case I/O asks for citations records during interview - do I need to apply to each court clerk and ask for an "official" citation dispotion record as a proof that citations were "closed" (either paid off or dismissed) or is it sufficient to show him/her a print out from the website record I found online?

As long as you have a print out that is paid that should be good. You do not need to show to the office unless asked for. All they care is if it was a criminal offense. If it was traffic related ticket and paid for that should be good. It doesn't hurt to carry with you.