is a 2-3 yr wait period common for I-485?

desi_doc_gc

Registered Users (C)
I have been a passive follower of this forum. I recently enquired with my lawyer and she said that the processing times for I-485 are all over the board. She even stated that being EB1 does not make much of a difference.........obviously, visa numbers are available...but being EB1 doesnt make them turn around and hand you your GC !!!!

Is it true that people wait for >2 years, even as EB1?

Anyways, I admire those of you who check so frequently and follow up with different sources---but does all that speed up processing???

Just Curious

EB1a at TSC: Nationality- India

I-140: RD: 3/8/07, RFE-3/22/07, RFE response- 6/16 & Approval: 6/29/07

I-485: RD: 3/9/07, No LUDS

EAD and AP: approved way back in april

It is true. It should be like that too. Being EB1a should not make it any faster. In a situation where EB1a with all security checks done and current priority date and EB3 with all the same, technically they are same. But practically they are not.
If suggest that you look at trackitt to check the trend, you will get an idea of the processing times for each category.
good luck
Rama

Depends on your luck!

Hi

It just depends on the luck if you asking me, I applied for I-485 more than 3 years ago through marriage and my case still pending (Do not even have the conditional card) because of Name Check! even though I do not have to wait for visa number and all that, My friend applied 2 years after me and got it in 9 months so go figure,
welcome to the club I really hope you get through it fast I know how painful it is,

Best of luck

I applied under EB1b (OR) in Sept. 2005. My I-140 got approved almost immediately. However, I-485 is still pending security clearance. Its been well over 2 yrs. now for me, so just hope that you don't end up in the name check "hell hole". Being EB1 will make NO DIFFERENCE to the FBI if you do get caught in the name check backlog.

Just wonderful, as I don't see it in your signature, have you done the FP since the I-485 submission?