Is 7th yr extn H1B transferable?

hari767

Registered Users (C)
All,

I have a approved 7th year extn expiring next yr. Can I transfer this H1b to another company, like normal H1? Would USCIS object because 7th yr H1 is based on LC from one company, and H1 is being transfered to another company?

Reason I posted this query in this forum is people here are more familiar with 7th yr extn.

Appreciate any and all info in this matter

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I had labor pending for more than one year with my old company, and I applied 7th year extension with new company and currently working for new company. hope this helps.

Thanks
Kamma

kamma said:
Hi,
I had labor pending for more than one year with my old company, and I applied 7th year extension with new company and currently working for new company. hope this helps.

Thanks
Kamma

Thanks for the reply. Please correct me if I am not correct in my understanding. You have applied and got approaved a H1 thru new company quoting that you have labor pending for > 1 yr. Is this correct?

Also, what is the status of labor - is still pending (ie not withdrawn)? Did new H1 application raise any RFEs to your old company?

Thanks again for your reply

Hi,
My Labor was pedning more than a Year(NON-RIR), then I applied for 7th year extension, same time I got the AD letter from state sesa, which allowed 45 days(aprox) to place the ad, I applied 7th year extension in premium Processing, which cleared within 10 days after applying. I did not get any RFE for H1, After h1 Approval, my old company labor became invalid as I did not place the AD for labor/follow up with STATE SESA. hope this helps.