Inviting Inlaws While Being self-employed

Pardoner

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I'm currently employed but am looking to being self employed (1099) shortly. We're planning to invite my in-laws from India in the next few months. Problem is, by then I will not be having a permanent employment, but will be working on 1099. Looks like the visitor visa requires employment letter and also pay stubs which I wil not be able to provide.

Anyone having been (or heard about someone) in the same situation before, please let me know how I can proceed and what options I have now.

Thanks much for your help.

Pardoner

Pardoner said:
Hello All,

I'm currently employed but am looking to being self employed (1099) shortly. We're planning to invite my in-laws from India in the next few months. Problem is, by then I will not be having a permanent employment, but will be working on 1099. Looks like the visitor visa requires employment letter and also pay stubs which I wil not be able to provide.

Anyone having been (or heard about someone) in the same situation before, please let me know how I can proceed and what options I have now.

Thanks much for your help.

Pardoner

Employment in itself is not a requirement to bring family members as visitors into US. What is important is to have enough income/assets to pay for their living expenses. If you have sufficient assets and have income (even if self employed) you should be OK.
Another thing is that having a well heeled relative in the US is NOT a requirement for getting a visitors visa. The most important thing a consulate looks for is:
1)Whether the visit is genuine;
2)Whether the visitor will return to his/her home country;
3) And whether he/she has access to finances to support the trip. The finances can be either theirs or yours or a combination.