Intresting stuff regarding cut-off dates in processing I-485s

hellobrother

Registered Users (C)
The USCIS has not stated if they will follow any cut-off dates in processing I-485s. We know that, previously, when the priority dates (or PDs) were backlogged, only CSC was not processing those I-485s with backlogged dates when the visa numbers were not current. The other service centers were previously processing the cases and sending out the approval letter with the note that the person could get the PP stamped when the PD became current. The USCIS has not made a policy decision on what they plan to do this time around.

This was on Murthy.com

From her Chat Session on Jan 3, 2005. You can check her transcripts out here.
http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/chattran.html

Chat User : Starting from January 01, 2005, are service centers going to follow cut-off dates as their processing dates for processing I-485s? Thanks for your excellent service.

Attorney Murthy : The USCIS has not stated if they will follow any cut-off dates in processing I-485s. We know that, previously, when the priority dates (or PDs) were backlogged, only CSC was not processing those I-485s with backlogged dates when the visa numbers were not current. The other service centers were previously processing the cases and sending out the approval letter with the note that the person could get the PP stamped when the PD became current. The USCIS has not made a policy decision on what they plan to do this time around.

so far I have been seeing approvals regardless of priority dates on rupnet.com. maybe there is hope! :)

That puts me in a trick situation.

I have applied 140\485 on EB3. By the time I got married, the PDs had retrogressed and I could not add her. I was hoping that when the PD becomes current, I will add her. Now if the approval comes through, what could I do? Any ideas?

You need not wait for the PD to become current to apply for your wife I485. You can add her name as follow to join. Talk to your attorney, he will be able to guide you.