Interviewing without green card...

ssingh

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I got approved for our GC well over five years ago, and filed for our naturalization in July. We got fingerprinted in August and are now waiting for our interview.

We never actually received our green cards after we were approved, and have got by getting our passports stamped each year. The reason for this is that for the first two and a half years, we kept waiting because we were told it could take that long. Finally, our local office researched our case and found that NSC had archived our files without processing our green cards. They had the files brought out of archive and ordered green cards. After this, it took them about a year to produce the cards, but unfortunately we happened to move just then (within the same city), and INS mailed the cards to our old address. When I did check about a year ago, and all this came to light, I was told I'd have to apply for a replacement card. Given that the initial and inordinate delay was due to NSC, the local officer was very understanding and waived the fee for the replacement card. Anyway, its been close to a year now and we are still waiting for the actual card, getting by with passport stamps and a receipt.

Any opinions if this will matter at all or not during the interview?

My case is similar to you but not exaxtely the same.I got approved for my green card in 1998 but received my GC in 2002 .I got approvel letter from my local office.I applied for N-400 in Feb 2003 VSC send me back the application saying i will be eligible in Nov 2005 .My GC was through asylum.