Interviewed but name check pending after 05/06?

newdawn

Registered Users (C)
For those that have received interview letter after May 2006, have you
been told your name check is pending at the interview?

I am trying to find out if getting an interview letter is any indication of how much processing time is left before oath. For all other cases except name check it seems like up to roughly three months between IL and oath.

newdawn said:

I am trying to find out if getting an interview letter is any indication of how much processing time is left before oath. For all other cases except name check it seems like up to roughly three months between IL and oath.
Now-a-days when one receives the Interview Letter it means the following:

1. FBI finger print cleared successfully.
2. Name check cleared successfully.
3. File transferred from Service Center to DO.

After getting an Interview letter the following can go wrong:
1. Interview can be De-scheduled.
2. At the end of the interview more documents are asked resulting in further delay.

Only when the Interview is cleared successfully does the Oath question come into the picture. The oath can be the same day or 3-4 months into the future after successfull interview.

newdawn said:

NEWDAWN:

I got my interview in May 2006 and passed it on the same day; However, I was told that passing an interview does not mean that your background name check has been cleared.

I am still waiting to hear from FBI/USCIS. I cannot even check the status of my case on USCIS website. I applied in 2003 end and apparently there seems like some more waiting.

I'm gonna havta hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit.

I got my interview letter 10 days after my Fingerprint. As per my attorney, FP is cleared.

I am also under the impression as to what N400Applier wrote above.

Last edited by a moderator:
ashlie23 said:
NEWDAWN:

I got my interview in May 2006 and passed it on the same day; However, I was told that passing an interview does not mean that your background name check has been cleared.

I am still waiting to hear from FBI/USCIS. I cannot even check the status of my case on USCIS website. I applied in 2003 end and apparently there seems like some more waiting.

I'm gonna havta hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit.
Yes, you have to file a lawsuit if this much time has elapsed after interview. Unfortunately this will result in expense, time and effort. But they are worth it.

my successful interview was in Feb 06.The officer said I will hear something within 60 days. But she didnt tell me anything about the background check. But later on I found out about it.

I am still waiting.......

name check

briefly , i like to mention to you about my case ,
i had my citizenship interview dec 13 2006 , i did pased the tests but the officer had gave me N-14 form to submit some doc. regarding to my dui areest 6 years ago which the charge was dropped to reckless driving at the time i also was charged tag expired and careless driving with DUI which they have compleletly dissmissed only dui became a reckless driving,so i only mentioned my dui charge in my application ,and i recently provided the arrest report and disposition of the charges (certified) along with N-14 form ,so my question is that do you think not mentioning my completly dissmissed tag exp. careless driving in my N-400 application will create a conflict ? i filled the application with my goodwill and honesty also the officer has said to me that FBI did not send enough info. to them yet about me.

TURK_75:

Just a note about English grammar (which, I'm assuming is different from Turkish grammar). I see that you've been having trouble getting your English capitalization correct.

The basic capitalization rules:

1. The first letter of each sentence is capitalized.
  2. The first letter of "Proper Nouns" are capitalized (not all nouns like they do in German). Proper nouns include people's names, company names, pet names, country names, language names (English, Turkish, German, French) and a few weird things like the pronoun "I" (which is always capitalized). Most nouns are not capitalized.
  3. Just about everything else is lower case

I hope this helps out with your "english test" (oops, English test) during your interview :)

LOL :) :)
Flydog said:
TURK_75:

Just a note about English grammar (which, I'm assuming is different from Turkish grammar). I see that you've been having trouble getting your English capitalization correct.

The basic capitalization rules:

1. The first letter of each sentence is capitalized.
  2. The first letter of "Proper Nouns" are capitalized (not all nouns like they do in German). Proper nouns include people's names, company names, pet names, country names, language names (English, Turkish, German, French) and a few weird things like the pronoun "I" (which is always capitalized). Most nouns are not capitalized.
  3. Just about everything else is lower case

I hope this helps out with your "english test" (oops, English test) during your interview :)

I had my interview in Dec '06 and was told at the end of my interview that my name check is pending.. I haven't heard anything from the district office (Cherry Hill, NJ) since then..

Anyone else in the same boat, please share your experience

thank you

During an info. pass appointment to find out why my wife has not received her interview letter 5 months after FP I was told by the IO that now a days(meaning if you have filed your application after May 2006) an interview is not scheduled until name check is complete.

The IO could be right. My wife's name check was cleared on 01/08/2007 and she received her interview letter on 01/26/07.

madhuri_dhar said:
I had my interview in Dec '06 and was told at the end of my interview that my name check is pending.. I haven't heard anything from the district office (Cherry Hill, NJ) since then..

Anyone else in the same boat, please share your experience

thank you

I had my interview Oct 4th, 2006 and passed but was told Name check was pending....nothing from USCIS so far...