Interviewed at San Francisco three months ago but still have not heard anything from the Office

eb2@nsc

Registered Users (C)
I was interviewed (employment based I-485) at San Francisco office more than 3 months ago. The interview went smoothly but the officer didn\'t approved the case that day. Instead the officer told me to wait for their letter in one to two weeks. However, I still have not received any thing from the office. I wrote two times to inquire my case but I didn\'t get any reply. Last week I got up very early and drove to the San Francisco office, trying to make a "walk-in" inquiry. Unfortunately, they told me that they don\'t have post-interview information.

Does anyone know or have any guess why there is such a long delay even if a case has been interviewed?

Thanks.

No Title

Some of my friends got their approval 1 week after the interview. You can try contacting either your lawyer or your local congress representative and have them inquire.

local congress rep

Will it be helpfull if we contact them. What is the procedure to be followed. Any suggetions will be helpful

No Title

1. Locate your local rep. Some of them have web sites - start from the main congress web site or google. You should be able to find a phone number in multiple ways. They are not trying to hide from the public, on the opposite.
2. Call them. They will be very polite and patient, return the favor :) Make sure you have your case number and you A number at hand, they will ask for it.

or

B. Send a web/email message. It is likely they will follow-up on it.

If this sounds simple it\'s just because it really is.

When was your filed transfered to SF office?

How long did you have to wait to get your interview notice?

Case finally approved 4 months after interview at San Francisco.

Received approval letter a week ago. Thanks God!

No Title

Congrats! You may get the card itself faster than you got your approval notice :)

See you in the \'After the Green Card\' board.

Yes.

I first went to the place with entrance at Washington Street (you have to get up early or wait in lone line), but they didn\'t provide post-interview status infomation.

I also wrote to the office several times, no replies.

I decided to try my luck at the place where I was interviewed, and my case was soon approved. My suggestion is to try this approach if your case is over-delayed after interview.

Good luck to you all.