Interviewed and temporarily stamped

huyahu

Registered Users (C)
Went to Newark local INS for interview yesterday. It went ok but we only got a temporary stamp. We are EB1 case. RD 10-18-01, TD 10-11-02, ID 11-25-02.

The officer was a bit uptight. Told us right at the begining that nobody is getting approved because of the new security freeze starting last week and the best thing he could do is to give us a temporary stamp. Took our fingerprint, asked MC, AP, medical (he is ok with the copy of our old medical), tax return, and affidavit of support. Asked bounch of questions like current address, being arrested or not, when and where were the original and last entry, where we work, etc. He did take the original I-94s out of our passports though. He said we will get a notice in the mail and come to stamp after that, but he didn't know for how long this is going to take.

Don't know what's the use of this temporary stamp. And don't know when we can get the whole thing over with.

old medical record

May you let me where you get the old medical record. Do you have your lawyer eith you during interview?

Thanks a lot !

Hi,
My case (EB1) also has been transfered to local INS, I'm waiting for the interview notice right now. Would you share more information about your case? Thanks in advance!

How long did it take for your interview ?
Did you change emploer ?
Did your lawyer come with you to the interview?
Do you know the possible reasons that they transfered your case to local INS? (Guess!)

Thanks again.

Re: Old medical record

I had the green copy from last medical exam. The doctor sealed my wife's green copy in the envelop before I noticed it so I had to ask the doctor to make a copy out of his (civic surgeon's) copy.

We did not bring attorney.

Re: Ty555

The interview took about 10 or 15 minutes.

My case does not need sponsorship and I did not change employer. The officer did not even ask for employement letter or pay stub.

No attorney with us

I can't think of anything that triggered the transfer. Maybe we missed the affidavit of support for my wife in our initial application but I really don't know. It maybe just a random case for no reason at all.

Thank you huyahu

huyahu

:) Thank you, Good luck to U. It's just matter of time. You will get your formal stamp soon.

RD: 09/24/01
TD: 08/27/02
Local Office: Newark, NJ
ID: 10/25/02
AD: 11/18/02
Temporary stamp means that the case is approvable but does allow one to work or travel.
I was given a temporary stamp after my interview & I was told that I should receive a notice in 2 weeks.
I received it in the third week. The notice said that my case is approved & my card will be mailed to me..But if I wanted a temporary card I may get my passport stamped in person at the Newark office.I just got that done now.
Hope this helps.

Hi NjSep24,

When exactly Did you get your passport stamped ?

I mean after your interview and after your Approved date, when you did stamped ?

Thanks
Gps

Originally posted by NJSep24
RD: 09/24/01
TD: 08/27/02
Local Office: Newark, NJ
ID: 10/25/02
AD: 11/18/02
Temporary stamp means that the case is approvable but does allow one to work or travel.
I was given a temporary stamp after my interview & I was told that I should receive a notice in 2 weeks.
I received it in the third week. The notice said that my case is approved & my card will be mailed to me..But if I wanted a temporary card I may get my passport stamped in person at the Newark office.I just got that done now.
Hope this helps.