Interviewed and stamped (RD 11/01)

at1999

Registered Users (C)
We finally got approved today. I am just coming back from INS after my interview. Here are my case details. Case was filed from VSC.

RD 11/08/01
ND 12/06/01
Tranfer to local BCIS on 04/09/03
Interview, approved and stamped on 05/28/03

No AC21, working with same employer since 1999. Interview was straight forward. Our interview was schedule at 7:15 AM and my wife was schedule at 7.45 AM, we reached at INS office at about 6:15 AM although office hours was 7:30 AM. Appointees were allowed to go inside at 7:05 AM and We (me, my wife and son) were with the officer at 7:10 AM. Lady officer was very polite to us. After taking the oath she asked standard questions and then she asked for my employment letter, W2, Tax return's and Pay stub's. She also asked our SSN number and then she said that you get the SSN for your son also after this paper work is complete. She took our fingure prints and our EAD. Finally she asked for our passport to get the Visa number for PR stamp and asked us to stay outside. After one hour she handed us our stamped passport and told us that you will get your physical card between one to three months and you can apply for citizenship after five years. I was so happy to hear this magic words from her.

This site is a great site and I got lots of information from Rupnet too. I would like to thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this site and thanks Greaty-K for Rupnet site. I would like to thanks every body for sharing their valuable experiences. Thanks to Adjustee and Messup for replying for my questions and sharing the experiences for interview.

thanks

at1999
:)

Just need to know about oath

Congratulations

I never had an experience doing oath .
How they/we need to do the oath .
Can you explian little bit

Thanks to All

My local BCIS was Denver. I am wishing a good luck to all.
GC_Narayan it is just a matter of time you will also go through all this processes very soon.

Thanks again !

at1999

at1999

Did the interview letter give the details of the officer who is conducting the interview and the documents to bring to interview.

Thanks.

140layoff

They assign a code for the officer (not the name) on the letter, but documents details will be given in the interview letter.

at1999

Congratulations

Good. You have taken your time to explain things in order. Appreciate your help and patience.

employment letter & Interview notice

Hi, at1999

Congratulations at1999 !

Could you please tell me that how many key word should in employment letter, like position... I am not sure. I aprreciate
if you can give me details information. Thans.

I just got interview notice from local BCIS (Baltimore). TD:4/17/03
, Interview notice issue day: 5/30/03 ID: 8/21/03. I don't know why they take so long time between Notice Day and Interview Day?(Usaully They take 30 to 45 days for Interview Day). Any one can give me information about that? Thank you very much.

Taconic

Hi,

What exactly were the documents requiment which was specified in the interview letter ? Can you please give us the exact wordings ? I have my interview in Boston on Aug 5th. It will be a great help to know.

Thanks,

Toughdba.

Here are exact words in the interview letter:
Pl. bring all Items that are checked (X) to the interview

(X) This letter, passport or photo ID

(X) A current Letter of employment

( ) Others

If you are employed you must provide a letter of employment from current employer and copies of tax return's from the previous three years. We cannot make copies for you, so you must bring the copies of the return's.

I am enclosing the sample employment letter.

You can get some different requirement from INS, so don't go on the above documents only.

at1999

I am not a lawyer, it is just my experience.

at1999
I got interview letter same as yours. Did they ask for any other documents than mentioned in the interview letter (like H1B's notices, exp ltters etc)
Also, Do they review the whole application and ask for some docs not in the letter?

Thanks.

140layoff

As per my attorney, no other document is required, INS might have already reviewed your file before sending you the interview letter and your attorney must have submitted all the documents as the time of filing I-485, my attorney advised me not to take any documents related to H1b in GC interview, but again who knows about INS, so I took one copy of all the other docs with me in case...
Better to take the advise from your attorney.

at1999