Interview

MS485

Registered Users (C)
Hi PCee and other Gurus,
Yesterday AVM started saying that my case has been transferred to local INS office and they\'ll schedule an Interview for me. Also scheduling an interview might take several months.

Does somebody know potentially what could happen and how long the whole process would take.

Thanks in Advance :)
MS485
WAC-01-295-5XXXX
Received AP in November
FP done in December
Received EAD in January

why is your case transfered for interview?

anything special about your case? what\'s the reason according to you?

No Title

MS485,
Sorry to hear that. See following related thread, probably it may answer some of your question if you belong to SanJose or SFO. Also note that "How long it will take for your interview date" will also depend on your local INS...
ypt "SFO/San JoseInterview tracker" 4/9/02 1:26pm
Goodluck
PCee

There is nothing unusual in my case. I cant think of anything at this point.

Thank you for the reply

My case is transferred to Sacramento, CA. I\'m assuming Sacramento might be faster than San Jose/SFO.

Do you think i\'ve to call them and get the process expedited.

Thanks,
MS485

No Title

MS485,
Not much data available about Sacramento interviews. I am not sure if you could get your case expedited by calling them , but I think you can find out how long it takes for the interview date (if there is a phone number available to talk to them, or lease you have to go there to get any info). I think it will take lot less than SFO/SanJose.
Good luck
PCee

Interview at Sacramento

My case was transferred in Oct 2001 to Sacramento INS. My interview is cehduled for 17th June 2002. I hope it helps. I am RIR-EB2-India I485 receipt date- March 2001.

Nikul

Thanks

Thanks for the information Nikul :). Do you know why any cases will be transferred to Local INS? As far as my case is concerned, everything is straight forward and genuine.

Thanks,
MS485

can you please share the AVM msg trail after applying 485

I want to clarify at what point do they call for an interview

MS485 ARE YOU DONE WITH YOUR INTERVIEW

My case tranferred to Sacramento .How many days is it taking these days.Any help appreciated