Interview

unluckywaiter

Registered Users (C)
Proactive
Could you please throw some light on your interview status. My question is did you receive the interview notice directly or through your attorneys. Also please let me know what are the paper work that you need to carry for your interview

Thanks
Unluckywaiter - Trfd to local office San Jose - April\'01

No Title

ProActive:

I\'d like to add two more questions:
Does a message on CSC\'s AVM must be changed ?
Is this message changed for you?

Thank you.

No Title

Hi interview folks,

Once your file is transferred to a local office, CSC AVM is
updated up to that point by saying on xx/xx/xx, your case
is transferred to xxx for interview. No further update after
that.

Your lawyer will receive a notice indicating that the case
is transferred. The local office will send you a notice
once an interview date is scheduled.

ciba

No Title

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delays. Everything is happening at once so the local interview notices correlated with some other events.

As per Ciba\'s reply, the CSC AVM status changed once the transfer was decided. In my case the AVM change preceeded the transfer notice received by the lawyer.

Both my lawyer and I got the interview notices in different days. In between the interview notices I also got a call from a very nice person at the local congresswoman office who notified me of the transfer. She had in turn been notified by the local INS office. Once it rains it pours :)

Besides the employment letter and the regular tax documents (W2 and 1040 and maybe state too, it\'s unclear) I need to bring lots of papers related to my familly status. The interview notification form is filled from top to bottom with documents in that category plus the interesting catch all "any other documents that are relevant to this case". In its infinite wisdom the INS is making me go through a familly-based application now :-(

So I am preparing copies for hundreds of pages of bills, lease/insurance contracts and so on. To be honest I kind of expected this requirement so I started to gather hard to get information shortly after the transfer was decided. Some of the documents go back for years, luckily I don\'t throw away anything and now I know why :)

I\'ll keep you posted with further details although I do not expect any more notifications/changes until the interview. Try to evaluate your case by yourself and by talking with your lawyer and get started on putting together a file. For example the IRS will send you copies from your tax return for the previous 3 years but it will take them 60 days to do so. Banks can also provide you with older statements but may require even longer.

Good luck to you all!

Proactive
Thank you very much for your posting. Very good information for people who are in the interview club. I am not clear on a couple of things.
1) Does the Lawyer get informed by the INS after the case has been transferred initially or the lawyer get informed after the case has been scheduled for an interview with the interview notice.
2)Does the voice message change after the interview notice has been mailed to you and your lawyer.
3)After how many days did the congressmens office respond on your case. I have mailed my papers to the congressmen\'s office. I have not heard back from them as yet. After how long is it advisable to follow up with the congressmen\'s office

Thanks
Unluckywaiter ------------

No Title

1) the lawyer gets informed both after case transfer and interview schedule. I got only the interview notice.
2) AVM changes after case is transferred. In my case it is still the same message as after the transfer (has not changed in 5 months)
3) I did not send any papers to the congresswoman office. I sent an email from their internet site and they called me in one week. I was out of town and they called 4 times in 3 days. I called them back and they asked for my numbers (WAC and A). Then they called again after the interview was schedule.

I was excessively polite in all my conversation with them and I did not ask them to do anything specifically. They seem to know the procedure, I assume that mostly US citizens call them for FB cases.

Good luck!