Interview Tomorrwow

calzon chino

Registered Users (C)
I'm a little short on documentation for establishing co-habitation. All I have is our bank statement and a letter signed from our landlord. We don't have a lease and utilities are included.

That makes me a little nervous, but not much I can do.

I'm taking:
-Letter from landlord saying we rent the unit from her.
-Joint bank accout statement.
-Lot's of photos. Showing us with both of out families.
-Email exchanges from after we first met on vacation. Showing us making plans to visit each other.
-Copies of all our documents, and originals.

Think that's enough? Thanks for all the advice on here through the process.

do you have any letters written by friends / co workers to help verify your relationship? I don't know if letters need to be sworn affidavits or not. did any of you get life insurance with spouse as beneficiary listed? do both your driver's licenses have the same address? the emails are great-anything with dates on it are excellent. I would also do a quick google search for a list of good things to bring-the list might jog your memory of something you have, but aren't thinking of right now! good luck!

I think those should be fine. Make sure you also have copies of your tax refund if you filled jointly. Any utility bills? or joint assets? Those would help too.

Calzon - Good Luck for your interview.

Guess, there isnt much you can arrange for at such a short notice.
However, if the IO does not need any evidence, you should be fine. If he/she does, this is all you can provide them.

Pictures are a very good proof, especially if they are wedding pictures. :)

apart from these do you have any cards given to each other?
receipts of gifts given to each other?
any purchases you made on both your names, even things as little as TV, camera, etc...
any mails you received on both or wife's name? (with last name as married name?)

I recently applied for loan for an item, unfortunately, was declined :( .. hehe!
But I had applied for the loan, on my new married name and husbands name. I will also be carrying the declined letter as a support for evidence ... so anything you can possibly think of that you can prove that you live life together as husband and wife could benefit.

But at this point, be calm, confident and DONT be nervous .. :))

Good Luck and Cheers! :)

Well, everything went smoothly. The only negative is that the name check isn't finished.

District office was Boston, MA. It was really busy. We waited for 2hrs and 30 hours. Once we got in, everything went off without a hitch. The woman was very friendly, asked us a few basic questions like how we met. She quized me a little, asked me my wife's birthday and what city she was born in. Nothing too challenging.

So, the only hangup is the name check. They said as soon as that comes through they'll send the green card.

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice leading up to this.

congrat she didn't ask for no joint account or pic anything with both of you names because you was kind of worried yesterday with the things that you have to prove relationship good luck i hope name check clear fast

Last edited by a moderator:
NITEOLE718 said:
congrat she didn't ask for no joint account or pic anything with both of you names because you was kind of worried yesterday with the things that you have to prove relationship good luck i hope name check clear fast

Nope, she just asked a few general questions and seemed convinced we were legit.