Interview today.... and no stamp yet.....

manlok

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I had interview today, we arrived one hour earlier than the appointment time, and we're called after one hour. The officer is a man, first of all he asked us to stand and swear, and he went through my forms, asked some questions such as how my wife knew me, do I have kids outside the country, etc. Then he asked for any joint document and we showed him our car insurance, car loan paperwork, joint bank account, and our wedding pictures. He said 'oh I like the pictures' then made some copies of the photos. It's about 10 mins then he said 'I need to appeal your case' and issued me a letter, with "An adjudicative review of your case is needed. No additional information is required on you part." and said I'd receive a letter in 2 weeks....

Does that mean I need to have 2nd interview or any issue/problem? I expected I'll get the stamp today but.... any clue?

Help !!!!

hi all:
I am new user here. I don't really know how to post my concerns. so I decided give a try by using reply function. I need all of your help. Here is my situation: I am a F-1 status, but had already graduated in december 2007 and I am married to a USC last year and we are going to have our interview on 2/15. but recently I found out that he cheated on me, he is dating with another girl and I want to divorce with him. I want to know that if I divorce with him, am I going to become illegal? I have already received my work permit except GC. also, if I marry to another USC in the future does my divorce will affect my 2nd marriage paper work and interview? I am currently in LA, but I am thinking about move back to texas. I want to know my divorce in LA will affect my 2nd marriage in texas in the future? thank you for all of you.

My wife and I had interview today, we arrived one hour earlier than the appointment time, and we're called after one hour. The officer is a man, first of all he asked us to stand and swear, and he went through my forms, asked some questions such as how my wife knew me, do I have kids outside the country, etc. Then he asked for any joint document and we showed him our car insurance, car loan paperwork, joint bank account, and our wedding pictures. He said 'oh I like the pictures' then made some copies of the photos. It's about 10 mins then he said 'I need to appeal your case' and issued me a letter, with "An adjudicative review of your case is needed. No additional information is required on you part." and said I'd receive a letter in 2 weeks....

Does that mean I need to have 2nd interview or any issue/problem? I expected I'll get the stamp today but.... any clue?

he probably can not approve your case himself, and has to present it to his supervisor for it to be reviewed and approved. I wouldn't worry too much.

Do you know if your namecheck cleared?

hi all:
I am new user here. I don't really know how to post my concerns. so I decided give a try by using reply function. I need all of your help. Here is my situation: I am a F-1 status, but had already graduated in december 2007 and I am married to a USC last year and we are going to have our interview on 2/15. but recently I found out that he cheated on me, he is dating with another girl and I want to divorce with him. I want to know that if I divorce with him, am I going to become illegal? I have already received my work permit except GC. also, if I marry to another USC in the future does my divorce will affect my 2nd marriage paper work and interview? I am currently in LA, but I am thinking about move back to texas. I want to know my divorce in LA will affect my 2nd marriage in texas in the future? thank you for all of you.

If you divorce, or start the divorce and not show up for your interview, your AOS will be considered abandoned/cancelled.

You will be out of status / illegal and must leave the USA. You can not move to Texas or anywhere else. Your work permit and travel permit are also revoked.

You can marry another USC in the future. But he will have to apply for fiancee visa (k1) for you to come back to the USA and marry him.

You want to leave before you start accruing illegal presence, to avoid a ban from returning to the USA.

Get an immigration lawyer and a family law lawyer.

he probably can not approve your case himself, and has to present it to his supervisor for it to be reviewed and approved. I wouldn't worry too much.

Do you know if your namecheck cleared?

I dunno, he didn't ask or tell us about the namecheck.... but on the letter, there's option "You will be advised of the time and date of a second interview" and "An additional review of your case is required, and/or a background check is required to determine your eligibility" but both were not checked.

I would not rush to assume that.

I just got an email from USCIS for update of my application:

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 28, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Does it mean my application was approved??? or it just means nothing?? Help help!

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On January 28, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Does it mean my application was approved??? or it just means nothing?? Help help!

Congrats.

It means it has been approved. You are now officially a permanent resident! congratulations :D