Interview scheduled but doesnt show on site???

user55

Registered Users (C)
Interview scheduled but doesnt show on website???

Hey Guys,

My Case was forwarded to Delhi Consulate on 7th July. When the September dates appeared in mid August my case number was not on the site. So I assumed that my case was scheduled for October interview.

So far so good. I just called consulate to know about my dates, they say the interview is on 27th Sept :confused: .

Is this a common occurance? The lady (indian) said they mailed the appointment letter on 1st sept itself so I should be getting it in due course. (Does somebody know how much time it takes to receive the letter in US?) When I asked her why it does not show up on the web, she asked me to hold and consulted somebody in the background (in hindi), then asked me to hold again and went off somewhere. After 1 minute she came back and said that they may have scheduled it after I had sent email to check status and requested the interview to be scheduled in Sept. I sent the email on 7th August, the dates on website were published around 19th august, so I am not sure why it still should not appear on the web.

Also, how difficult is it to advance the dates for 10 days? Is it possible? Is it easy? Any good/bad experience stories?

I need quick tickets, any recommendations for agents? i live in bay area.

Thanks guys n gals
- user55

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget about the mess that happened at the Consulate, get ready for your interview and try to schedule an appointment with your medicals in the week ending 24th sept and hope rest of the documents are in place.

Try Air-india from LA you should be getting little cheaper. you have more than 10 days to fly so you should be having problem in getting tickets.

Two agent in LA I know are Udaan travel (213-614-7000) and Mascot travel (310-216-1239)

Thanks

Thanks VM1214,

Yes, I think its better to not try to reschedule and just focus on flying. I will be finalizing the tickets by tomorrow. I already checked, Tickets are available for now as diwali is in Nov.

Will keep you guys posted on how it goes.
user55

Did you click on next page?

Did you click on next page?
At the website for mumbai appointments there are two long pages of BMB numbers, hope you clicked on the next page, also if you already do not have the P4, send someone personally to get it.
GCM

At delhi's website, there is no next page. In any case, what does a person need to collect P4. My case number would be one thing, what else? At delhi consulate, I believe P4 can be collected between 2-3pm, is that right?

user55

user55 said:
At delhi's website, there is no next page. In any case, what does a person need to collect P4. My case number would be one thing, what else? At delhi consulate, I believe P4 can be collected between 2-3pm, is that right?

{{ P4 doesn't only contain your case number but it contains the most important letter called appointment letter with the details about your interview date and along with your case number and also with the applicants names and also seperate sheets for medical hospitals for medical exams and instruction sheet for attending the interview and the draft details and also in some case you get the Ds-230 forms also}}}

user55

vm1214 said:
Forget about the mess that happened at the Consulate, get ready for your interview and try to schedule an appointment with your medicals in the week ending 24th sept and hope rest of the documents are in place.
Concur with vm. Get in 5th gear now and wrap things up ....

Similar Situation

Hi All,

I have received an email from US consulate saying that my Interview is scheduled for October 25th 2004. But my case number is not appearing on the Visa Appointments Schedule shown on their website.

Regards

SM