Interview Scheduled at Dallas

pip

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

While checking my status today I see the following:
On February 20, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in DALLAS, TX for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in DALLAS, TX will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

What happens from here ? Do I get a letter scheduling my appt or a call or do I have to call to schedule.

poongunranar, As you and I had predicted last week, I was sure to get an interview call. Can you give me some suggestions as to what I should tell the officer about my case.

Thanks
Pip

My Dates

Forgot to mention my dates...(I guess that would have been the first post by someone:))

They are :
RD: 12/10/01
ND: 12/11/01

Pip

pip

The prediction turns into reality. Well, find out what the wait-time is for Dallas office to conduct interviews. If the local-office transfer has risen due to your 'record' then you may expect an informal communique from the local office regarding that. Only after that an interview may be called for. If you are directly called for an interview, the letter will spell out the documents you need to bring. That would be one indicator of what they primarily intended out of this transfer. So, there isn't much for you to do anyway, until a month passes by, when your file finally reaches Dallas office.

The wait goes on ...

Our cases (wife and mine) were transferred on 6th Feb and 30th Jan to the Dallas office. We received an interview notice a week later and am just coming back from the interview.

The interview went pretty smooth. Was asked to furnish the latest employment letter and W2/Tax returns for the last 3 years. The officer went through all the documents and said they were waiting on the results of a background check for the both of us. She said the cases were approvable and that she was just waiting on the background checks to complete the formalities. Once that is done, she said that the approval letter would be mailed out to go for the stamping. She indicated that it would take less than 60 days hopefully. BTW, two background checks are done for each case one of which is extensive and that we had cleared the extensive check already.

The surprising part of the whole thing was that even she wasn't sure why the cases were transferred and guessed that it was probably to reduce the backlog.

Anyways, for us, the waiting continues.

--
RD 10 Oct 2001
ND 10 Nov 2001
FP 16 Jan 2003
Transferred 30th Jan & 6th Feb.

Great Job ! Congrats. I am sure it is a relief for you and your wife.

What is this background check - is it an extended FBI check?

Jaysee....... thanks for that post

How thoughtful you are to post your experience to the guy who is looking exactly for that.

Such a help really helps the readers of this forum.

Good luck to you for early approval to all.

Thanks

poongunranar and Jaysee

Thanks for your responses.

Jaysee, Did your interview letter state what docs u need or what they are looking for OR do you just have to take ALL the docs and be prepared to give whatever they ask at the interview.

Please let me know..
Thanks
Pip

PS; Seeing your dates, seems to be my letter also might be ariiving in a months time

pip ...

Pip,

The interview letter stated that I get my passport/I-94s/Arrival Departure docs and photo id alongwith W2s and tax returns for the last 3 years.

However, I was also asked to furnish proof that my wife and I stayed together (at the same address - marriage cert. only certifies that we are married) . I had taken a few bank statements (joint account) and my health insurance cards. She took a copy of these and said my auto insurance would also work.

When I stated that we just had a kid, she asked me for the kids' birth certificate (since it should contain both the dad's and mom's name). We didn;t have it with us and made do with the above documentation.

So you might want to take a couple of documents to show proof that you are STILL staying together

Last edited by a moderator:
mrao485,

I would presume that it might be a local background check (like police records or something). The officer repeatedly mentioned that we had cleared the extensive check already (which I presume to be the FBI check) and that this secondary check was justa formality before approval.

Hope that helps.

In the meanwhile, I'll continue to wait.

- Jaysee