Interview requirements

vskd

Registered Users (C)
Anyone who has had a successful interview or is planning to go for an Interview SPECIFICALLY IN MUMBAI consulate:

1. Is there any recommendation for a passport photograph place who can take the picture exactly as specified in requirements.

2. Packet 4 stated to get 2 Police Clearances - one from local police station and other from Regional Passport Office (which I already obtained by applying from the Chicago Consulate). Do we still need the local police clearance ??

Please advise asap...have an interview on Feb 24th !!

My understanding is that you need a PCC from your local police sations from all the places you lived for more than 6 months since turning 16. The places here I believe refers to cities ? For example if you lived in Mumbai, Calcutta and Chennai each for over 6months from the time you turned 16 then you need PCC from 3 police stations in these 3 cities. I am not sure what happens if you lived in multiple locations in the same citiy.

PCC from Indian Consulate

v_dharini,

Your views about PCC are not correct. I am not sure where you have gathered the information posted in this thread.

vskd,

Only one PCC from Indian Consulate in US is enough if you have been residing in US. No other PCC is required from local police stations in India.

I had same doubts about PCC from local police stations. I had sent direct e-mail to US consulates in India and the reply from the consulate is posted in the following thread.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=422166#post422166

Just to let you know that local police stations don't have authority to give you a PCC if you are not staying in India now. Indian consulate in US will request the PCC on your behalf from all the required police stations in India and they will then issue a certificate to you and your passport will also be stamped for the same.

But if you are currently in India than you will need two PCC only. One from local police station and other from the regional passport office.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: