Interview required for AP??

Nora&Simon

Registered Users (C)
Aaaackk! Can any of you give me your thoughts as to what the heck is going on??

My husband's complete history is below in our signature. We e-filed to get his second AP in October and sent supporting docs to the CSC, because we had been sent an notice of action saying that his I-485 had been transferred to the CSC from our New York district office. (For some reason, it has again been transferred recently to Vermont).

It never came. After months of following up on the status of the application, putting in a formal inquiry with USCIS, asking congressman to help us inquire, etc. - we finally get this today when I checked his status online:

<<On March 8, 2006, we transferred your I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT to our office in NEW YORK, NY for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEW YORK, NY will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.>>

Why does he need an interview for an AP? Does this mean there's been action on his I-485??

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Nora