Interview Postponed Due To Hurricane Wilma

karljones

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone:
I had my interview scheduled in Miami for 10/27/2005. The Miami office was closed that whole week due to the arrival of Hurricane Wilma. I called INS and they told me that I will be rescheduled and should receive an appt letter by mail. Anyone experience an event such as this, if so how long were you waiting to be rescheduled.

karljones said:
Hello Everyone:
I had my interview scheduled in Miami for 10/27/2005. The Miami office was closed that whole week due to the arrival of Hurricane Wilma. I called INS and they told me that I will be rescheduled and should receive an appt letter by mail. Anyone experience an event such as this, if so how long were you waiting to be rescheduled.

It is not exactly the same but my friend had her fingerprint happening when Katrina arrived. She called the INS office and they said it would be automatically changed. Anyway she sent their request to a new date with the justification but a couple of weeks later she got the new date which, by the way, was the same day she received the letter....so she went there anyway next day and they let her be fingerprinted without a problem. She has now received her interview date.

For you, just to be safe, send them a request to reschedule explaining why... if you get it automatically better otherwise you will be covered as the INS has issue an internal communication requesting that offices make it easier for persons affected by the hurricanes wherever they are...

Good Luck

:)

Do I need to mail in an actual form or just a letter to 'request a reschedule".
Who should I mail it to - the office that I orginally filed with (in my case Dallas) or the Miami office?
Thanks for your help.

karljones said:
Do I need to mail in an actual form or just a letter to 'request a reschedule".
Who should I mail it to - the office that I orginally filed with (in my case Dallas) or the Miami office?
Thanks for your help.

Send only a copy of it to the office who sent you the letter. If from TSC send them otherwise to Miami...

Received my Appt (update)

I was scheduled to appear October 27th, due to hurricane Wilma, the Miami office was closed that week.
This morning I received my new appt for March 1st, was hoping that it would have been sooner considering the hurricane circumstances, but alas no.
Kj