Interview Passed, Approval pending Name Check

Hopeful786

Registered Users (C)
My wife, 19 yr old son and I passed the interview middle of this month. Interview was super. The officer was extremely courteous. It was a great experience till we knew of this problem. The officer said that it should be completed within two months but cannot be guaranteed. Does anyone has recent experience of delay? How long one should wait and what should be the next step? Thanks for your response.

i am not sure if u were 485 or n400...

but 120 days is the standard time to wait after interview...

sue them asap as they are planning to change the provisions for suing uscis...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Problem 2006:
thanks for prompt advice. Can you clarify what you mean by sue. Does it mean hiring a lawyer? What is the procedure? Will it help if I submit FOIP now or wait 120 days for that too. I need guidance from you or anyone having similar experience. Thanks you and every one else.

If you are Islamic there is no chance your namecheck will be done in 120 days - so get ready to sue on the 121st day after your interview.

Good luck.

hey now,
i have a lot of pakistani friends who have not had any problems and there are some who have had problems.
So plz dont come to the opinion that if u r a muslim you are going to run into problems with uscis.
When i went to the interview while waiting was talking to a bangladeshi guy,i was surprised to see he went in and got out in 10 minutes,he told me he got a n652 with approval.

anyways talking of suing plz refer to publicus thread.
suzy is not a muslim,atleast that is what i think but she got stuck for 2 years.
there are a lot of things apart from being a muslim which is taken into consideration(the shoe bomber did not have a muslim name)...
nor do the drug pedlers have muslim names.they have names like yours and mine.There are lot of fraudulent people in our names.

You do not need a lawyer to sue .
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681
go to this thread and u will be better off than having a lawyer.Sorry rajiv ;)