Interview&Oath same day Brooklyn

wouldn't be more efficient for BCIS to have the interview and oath taken same day with same IO? :confused: .It cuts budget saves paper and help improve the process. :rolleyes:

I don't think they give the interviews in Brooklyn, just the oaths for some people.

Interviews for NYC DO are usually at Fed. Plaza or at Garden City.

I could be wrong, but I have not seen or heard of any Brooklyn interviews.

T-B

Good news NYC applicants

i rcvd my IL yesterday.here is my timeline:
PD:1/16/07(vermont)
FP:2/1/07
ID:4/19/07@Garden city(LI).
Question: is the Oath taken the same day @Garden City?
any experiences are appreciated.
Thank you all for your great contribution to this forum.

how long did your father had to wait for oath after interview?
could you post his timeline?
thank you.

He waited about a month. His oath date was on popular black out day, so he could not come and w few weeks later he received new OATH date. Whole took about 2 months in 2003.

I can't provide his time line, because he was keeping this in secret from us and told us after he passed his interview.

wouldn't be more efficient for BCIS to have the interview and oath taken same day with same IO? :confused: .It cuts budget saves paper and help improve the process. :rolleyes:

I wish it were more efficient, but if you think about it it would be very inefficient. I think it is better to naturalize hundreds at the same time that one by one. Of course, if they would simplify the process down to a couple of minutes, then it would be more efficient. I am not sure how they handle the naturalization certificate in the offices where they have same day oath. However, how would the IO handle the naturalization certificate if the oath is taken at the end of the interview. I am sure they can find solutions to all this kind of problems, and it would be great if they could do this, just right there and then, at the end of the interview oath and certificate in hand and have a good day :)

My 2 cents.