Interview letter - Questions

packer_fan

Registered Users (C)
I received my interview letter today. I have the following questions. Would appreciate of anyone has any insights:
1. The letter says " Request for applicant to appear for naturalization initial interview". Is it the standard verbage that is used? I am a little concerned about initial interview.
2. The letter also states that I have to bring any evidence of selective service registration for me and my wife. But both me and my wife got the greencard when we were above 28 years. What should I do?

Thanks,
Packer_fan

packer_fan said:
I received my interview letter today. I have the following questions. Would appreciate of anyone has any insights:
1. The letter says " Request for applicant to appear for naturalization initial interview". Is it the standard verbage that is used? I am a little concerned about initial interview.
yes. it is the standard verbag. what is ur concern at all?

packer_fan said:
2. The letter also states that I have to bring any evidence of selective service registration for me and my wife. But both me and my wife got the greencard when we were above 28 years. What should I do?

isn't it so simple? you do not have and what are you going to do with it?
either 1) do nothing or 2) apply the status letter from SSS to confirm you did not need to register.

Additional, female does not need to show any evidence of selection service registration because female is not required.

Thanks ocworker and dougalted

Thanks for your response. I asked about selective service because I did not know if I have to ignore it. I always thought evidence of selective service will be requested only for cases where it is applicable. In my case it is not applicable as I entered the US when I was 27 years old.

packer_fan said:
Thanks for your response. I asked about selective service because I did not know if I have to ignore it. I always thought evidence of selective service will be requested only for cases where it is applicable. In my case it is not applicable as I entered the US when I was 27 years old.

In less words, a straight answer is: IT DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU.
You don't have to provide any evidence, the simple fact that you arrived in the US after your 26th birthday excludes you from applying with SSS.

JoeF said:
///you can always get a letter from Selective Services that you weren't required to register.///

JoeF,

Is this the "Status of Information Letter" you're referring to? I'm thinking of applying for it, too. I'm only asking because I'd like to know if there's something else I need to get as well.

Thanks.