Interview is waived but.............

sunny_1010us

Registered Users (C)
I just received a letter from consulate general that my interview is waived and ask me to submit mediacal,FBI fingerprinting within 90 days. But my worry is that in their notification letter they wrote in bold letters that

" A Police Certificate is required from the country where the applicant CURRENTLY lives, along with ALL other countries where the applicant has resided in for 6 months or more since age 18."

Is FBI fingerpeinting not enough for that? While applying for PR for Canada I submitted only FBI fingerpringting cards only. Why do they need police clearence certificate from India. And I am living in USA since last 4 years.

Plz help.

SUnny

In your interview waiver letter, did they ask you for your Indian PCC? If so then you would have to provide it. If you read through these forums, you will see the procedure for the same. I am not sure why you say :-( Its just an extra procedure that most applicants go through anyways.

Thanks sapota for reply. No they didnt ask for Indina PCC. But this "along with ALL other countries where the applicant has resided in for 6 months or more since age 18." was the line in the letter they send. This worries me cause I have to send all the papers withing 90 days. What if Indian Consulate general take more time in sending back my passport.?

THanks
Sunny

Indian Consulate will issue the PCC in 35 days (if your passport is issued from India) and within one day if your passport was issued from Indian Consulate in US

sunny_1010us said:
Thanks sapota for reply. No they didnt ask for Indina PCC. But this "along with ALL other countries where the applicant has resided in for 6 months or more since age 18." was the line in the letter they send. This worries me cause I have to send all the papers withing 90 days. What if Indian Consulate general take more time in sending back my passport.?

THanks
Sunny

The Guides available on the CIC website clearly state the fact mentioned on your IA letter that "you have to provide PCC from all the countries where the applicant has resided in for 6 months or more since age 18". There is nothing to be surprised about.

Getting the PCC from India is pretty simple and the procedure has been mentioned above. Start the process as soon as possible.

Even if the PCC takes more time, you could send a letter to the Canadian consulate mentioning the reason. They will extend the 90 days.

Thanks,
meetme

hi
I read your police clearence ceritificate. you submitt for india also. that certificate you can get from indian consulate in newyork.pl go there you pay the fees same day they will give you.
tahnk you