Interview Experience

menael

Registered Users (C)
I HAD MY INTERVIEW TODAY ,IN AND OUT IN 20 MINUTE

THE OFFICER CHECKED MY N -400
ASKED ME TO WRITE A SENTENCE
I ANSWERED 10 QUESTIONS BY WRITING THE ANSWERS
SHE CHECKED "CONGRATULATION " THAT I PASSED THE TEST
I ASKED HER ABOUT THE OATH SHE SAID "IT WILL BE MAILED TO YOU WITHIN 3 MONTH ,THE PRINCIPAL HAS TO PUT HIS APPROVAL TOO "
PD JUNE 2002
FP OCTOBER 2002
INTERVIEW MARCH 2003
THAT FOR MY EXPERIENCE

Congratulations. btw, Is your green card employment-based or something else? Were you asked to show your previous passports as requested in the interview notice?

thank you ikazmi ,i am in new jersey
yes i had to show my current passport ,she looked at it to verify the dates ,i didn't had the old one ,but she just asked for it .my naturalization is based on 5 year as permanent resident .

Last edited by a moderator:
How many passports did you bring in? What did she say while you didn't bring in the old one as you mentioned? Did you just bring in one passport only?

i only brought my current passport ,i told her that i could not bring the old one because my embassy could not find it,it has been 3 years since i returned it,so, she was cool about it , that one had only one entry ,the current one has two entries so she checked the dates to see if they match the one i wrote in my n400.
in my understanding the purpose of the passport is to verify all the entrance and the lengh of staying outside the US as mentioned in your n400,,so if you have your tickets you should be alright as long as you can convince her that you are not hiding anything and nothing appears suspicious to the officer while talking to each other .
don't worry too much about those small details just be convincing in your answers .

Did she check your entry stamps from your home country as well (if any)? I know some countries do not put stamps on passports when citizens get back, which could possibly cause confusions for the interviewer. In this case, the boarding passes will be helpful.

to mariahonney

i did ask her that question ,she said " i have to submit your file to my superior for final approval,we will mail you the date of oath within 3 months "

to jwong
she did look at all the entries and compare them to what i put down in my n400.only one entry was missing ,it was in my old passport ,she took my word for it .

Hi menael,

Which District did you apply from. I thought you will be attending Oath Ceremony in Newark District office sameday as your interview day.

Yes, fully understand. But what if the applicant haven't kept the airline boarding passes for some reason and in the meantimes, no entry stamps of home country were put in the passports. How can the person convince the interviewer? Will that be a problem?