Interview experience in Hartford, CT

CT786

Registered Users (C)
I had my naturalization interview today in the Hartford, CT office. Since my application was marriage based, I had brought my wife and son too but the officer asked them to stay in the waiting area. The officer was relatively young kinda stone-faced, emotionless person. He sworn me in and then went through the application. He really scrutinized my foreign visits (none of which ever lasted over 35 days, total of 105 days). He was also making notes on my application along the way. He also spent a lot of time on my addresses and my jobs and that what I do now. I gave him a copy of my job verification letter, which he filed. Since I was married before and had a child from that marriage, he grilled me on child support (CS). I gave him a certified copy of the divorce decree. I also had a notarized letter from the other parent stating that I am current on CS with no arrears and that we are modifying child support. The letter was attached to a court form for CS modification which we are submitting in a day or two. He filed those papers too. Then he asked how I am paying the child support and I said through my bank bill pay system. He didn't ask for anything else even though I had back statements with the CS transactions. He made further notes.

After that he asked for 2005 and 2006 taxed, I had already submitted 2002-2004 taxes with my application. Then he asked if I had been filing state and local taxes and I said yes. He asked if I had copies of state taxes but I didn't have them. Then he asked if I had been filing local/county taxes and I said yes and I had proof of paying country property taxes. As I turned to my bag to get the proof, he said don't worry about it.

Then he went through each of the Additional and Moral Character questions which I answered with no issues. On the selective service question he look at my GC and my DOB and said you were too old to register.

Then he said do you understand the meaning of oath of allegiance and I said yes. He then asked me a question on a hypothetical scenario that if my country of birth were to invade the US will I bear arms for the US and I said yes.

He then made me sign the application and my two photographs. Then he said if I had a location preference for taking the oath and I said no. He said there is a Oath ceremony in Fairfield on Sep 26th but he wants to review my file one more time before he makes a decision. Either he will have me send more info if needed or send me the Oath Letter for Sep 26th. He asked me if I had any questions and I said no. And that was the end of it.

So I am again in waiting mode with fingers crossed.

My timeline is:
PD: Aug 15, 2006
FP: Sep 10, 2006
IL: July 12, 2007
ID: Sep 6, 2007

I dont see any problem bout ur interview just wait for ur Oath letter..

Congratulations and Goodluck..

I had my naturalization interview today in the Hartford, CT office. Since my application was marriage based, I had brought my wife and son too but the officer asked them to stay in the waiting area. The officer was relatively young kinda stone-faced, emotionless person. He sworn me in and then went through the application. He really scrutinized my foreign visits (none of which ever lasted over 35 days, total of 105 days). He was also making notes on my application along the way. He also spent a lot of time on my addresses and my jobs and that what I do now. I gave him a copy of my job verification letter, which he filed. Since I was married before and had a child from that marriage, he grilled me on child support (CS). I gave him a certified copy of the divorce decree. I also had a notarized letter from the other parent stating that I am current on CS with no arrears and that we are modifying child support. The letter was attached to a court form for CS modification which we are submitting in a day or two. He filed those papers too. Then he asked how I am paying the child support and I said through my bank bill pay system. He didn't ask for anything else even though I had back statements with the CS transactions. He made further notes.

After that he asked for 2005 and 2006 taxed, I had already submitted 2002-2004 taxes with my application. Then he asked if I had been filing state and local taxes and I said yes. He asked if I had copies of state taxes but I didn't have them. Then he asked if I had been filing local/county taxes and I said yes and I had proof of paying country property taxes. As I turned to my bag to get the proof, he said don't worry about it.

Then he went through each of the Additional and Moral Character questions which I answered with no issues. On the selective service question he look at my GC and my DOB and said you were too old to register.

Then he said do you understand the meaning of oath of allegiance and I said yes. He then asked me a question on a hypothetical scenario that if my country of birth were to invade the US will I bear arms for the US and I said yes.

He then made me sign the application and my two photographs. Then he said if I had a location preference for taking the oath and I said no. He said there is a Oath ceremony in Fairfield on Sep 26th but he wants to review my file one more time before he makes a decision. Either he will have me send more info if needed or send me the Oath Letter for Sep 26th. He asked me if I had any questions and I said no. And that was the end of it.

So I am again in waiting mode with fingers crossed.

My timeline is:
PD: Aug 15, 2006
FP: Sep 10, 2006
IL: July 12, 2007
ID: Sep 6, 2007

CT786,
Please update CTN400 with your timeline so that it may be added to the spreadsheet, including when you get your oath date. I also happened to notice your prints were taken 9/10/06 which I think was a Sunday. Are your dates accurate? Thank you.

CT786,
Please update CTN400 with your timeline so that it may be added to the spreadsheet, including when you get your oath date. I also happened to notice your prints were taken 9/10/06 which I think was a Sunday. Are your dates accurate? Thank you.

Heheheh.....

Update

I received my oath letter today, 5 days after my naturalization interview. The ceremony will take place in Fairfield, CT on Sep 26th. I am very excited and look forward to becoming a USC!

Last edited by a moderator:
CT786,

Good catch... It was 9/12/06.