interview experience in Charlotte, NC

lily124

Registered Users (C)
Our interview was 8:30 am.
We got there a little late because we passed the center which looks like some apartments. Apparently we needed to go a little further. Anyways, it was ok to be late because they would call your names again.
The officer asked us how we met and went over the routain quesions: like were you ever arrested, etc. She told me my name check is already clear and my application was approved. She didn't even see our photos, bank info, or utilities, and ask details about weddings. maybe both of us work in universities and I'm a graduate student and she trusts we're not fraud. Both of us don't have kids and were never married before (she did ask that). She told us I will expect welcome notice soon.
After I got back, received welcome notice in the email. We didn't prepare for the interview and it's easy. apparently if it's a real marriage, there's nothing to worry about.
Good luck to everybody.

Congratulation lily... Your inteview sounded a lot like mine. It only took 5 minutes and it was done. I wish you the best. :) You know we are kind of neighbors. I'm in Raleigh. You in Cary. ;)

thank you

Thank you so much you guys. That's very kind of you. My status was updated and the card was ordered. From Oct. 20 to Feb. 7. Not long at all. No complaints.

NeShawn said:
Congratulation lily... Your inteview sounded a lot like mine. It only took 5 minutes and it was done. I wish you the best. :) You know we are kind of neighbors. I'm in Raleigh. You in Cary. ;)
Yeah, we live super close. I go to school in Raleigh, hehe

thanks.

thanks everybody.

In two year, we will file for removal of conditional green card but when to fill for application for citizenship. 3 years from now on or 5 years from now on (including two years of conditional green card)? :)

lily124 said:
thanks everybody.

In two year, we will file for removal of conditional green card but when to fill for application for citizenship. 3 years from now on or 5 years from now on (including two years of conditional green card)? :)
For you it is 3 years from now, if you're still married to the same husband :)

Good luck! :)