Interview Experience from any service center

hm11

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Post your interview experience from any service center here. Plz explain step by step experience on the day of interview. I am sure this will help every body to prepare for interview. Thank you for your time.

I will try and Help

I was interview'd by a very polite officer in Oakland.
The officer checked my application, passport, greencard and Driver license.
He then asked a few questions from my application. (For eg the dates I had travelled outside US).
I was asked to write one sentence in English. "Today is a Good day".
Then came the history/civics part, he asked me the following questions,
"Who makes the law in US", "Who is Francis scott key", "What does the stripes in the flag mean", and 2 more questions from the list.
He then handed out the application for US passport and a letter which said that he will approve my application.
The interview IS NO BIG DEAL AT ALL, As long as you don't have any bad history :), and you are prepared well with the 100 questions from the INS site YOU ARE ALL SET.
Good luck .
CaGirl.

One more thing

Before everything you will be asked to take an Oath, under which you agree to tell the TRUTH.
Then they will ask you some YES/NO Questions. (Like did you miss filing tax any year, were you out of status) that kinda stuff.

Interview experiences (a lot)

hm11 and many others:

I found this page with "tons" of interview experiences from different folks at different offices. Happy reading!
I red few and haven't seen any negative ones. All I saw was "curteous officer", "few simple questions" and that's all.

Here's the link:
http://www.kamya.com/intro/natexp.html

Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. I will try relax myself. Just have to remember not to check my mailbox on Sunday and not to check the online status too often :D

GeorgeF suggested a good site to read interview/oath experience. I will appreciate if people could share more recent experience from any service center/district office here. THANKS.