• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview Experience - Colombo,Sri Lanka,

softcode1222

Registered Users (C)
Dear All

Please share ur interview experience who did their interviews at US Consulate, Colombo, Sri Lanka. It will help all the Sri Lankan winners who are willing to face there interviews

Thanks

successfuly interview

Thank you everybody my interview is success @ US embassy in Colombo. It is about 15 -20 mints interview after checking my necessary certificates according to the check list.:)

Thank you everybody my interview is success @ US embassy in Colombo. It is about 15 -20 mints interview after checking my necessary certificates according to the check list.:)

Congratulations and all the best

Please can you share ur interview experience? my interview is tomorrow

did they ask for affidavit or support, assets, job offer ?

Thank you

Please can you share ur interview experience? my interview is tomorrow

did they ask for affidavit or support, assets, job offer ?

Thank you

They asked B'certs,sponsor letter (simple letter), O/L certificates, police certificate. In my case they did not ask present working experience letter. but I brought it.

Best regards

They asked B'certs,sponsor letter (simple letter), O/L certificates, police certificate. In my case they did not ask present working experience letter. but I brought it.

Best regards

Thanks a lot for the information.

Did they accept your O/L certificate on the same day that you had the interview? Or did you have to submit a token on a prior date related to the O/L certificate?

Presented order of certificates

Dear SRAA

How did you give the certificates to them at the interview. Original and photocopy together, once they ask one by one.

regards

Dear SRAA

How did you give the certificates to them at the interview. Original and photocopy together, once they ask one by one.

regards

When I was sitting at the interview lobby, They called and asked to submit the certificates.I submitted one by one as they request. first my b'certificate original and p/copy, next english translation and p/copy. Then asked marriage cert and p/copy, next english translation and p/copy . sponsor letter, police cert. so on.By the way I brought and submitted extra O/L cert (one week before O/L token was submitted). after finished my doc. they asked my wife and baby's cert from me as same procedure. I put my cert original and same p/copy togetter in an order. It is easy to submitte when the ask.

Best regards

Case # 2012AS00025xxx
NL-1: 18/07/11
Apln send KCC: 22/08/11
NL-2: In January (checked by web site)
Interview: in March/2012 (success)
Hope to USA : August /2012

Thanks a lot for the information.

Did they accept your O/L certificate on the same day that you had the interview? Or did you have to submit a token on a prior date related to the O/L certificate?

I sumbitted a token on a prior date to the interview and extra copy of O/L cert was brought to the interview.

How about Finger Prints

When I was sitting at the interview lobby, They called and asked to submit the certificates.I submitted one by one as they request. first my b'certificate original and p/copy, next english translation and p/copy. Then asked marriage cert and p/copy, next english translation and p/copy . sponsor letter, police cert. so on.By the way I brought and submitted extra O/L cert (one week before O/L token was submitted). after finished my doc. they asked my wife and baby's cert from me as same procedure. I put my cert original and same p/copy togetter in an order. It is easy to submitte when the ask.

Best regards

Case # 2012AS00025xxx

Dear SRAA

Could you please contact me on anurajhemantha@gmail.com I need to contact u personnal to get more information from you.

Regards.

Can you please explain what you mean by "I sumbitted a token on a prior date to the interview and extra copy of O/L cert was brought to the interview."? How do you do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please explain what you mean by "I sumbitted a token on a prior date to the interview and extra copy of O/L cert was brought to the interview."? How do you do this?

hello deefrrezed,

I applied two O/L cert from examination dftmt. One for US green card purpose and other one extra copy of O/L cert. Exmination dftmt issue a yellow colour card token to sumbitt the US embassy in colombo. This is the one I submitted US embassy prior (one week before) to the interview date. Extra copy of O/L cert I took through foreign ministry.However I brought this extra copy also for the interview. But it is not necessary.

Case # 2012AS00025xxx

Dear All

Please share ur interview experience who did their interviews at US Consulate, Colombo, Sri Lanka. It will help all the Sri Lankan winners who are willing to face there interviews

Thanks

of course they did not bother you -they know you will be back to sri lanka in no time

hello deefrrezed,

I applied two O/L cert from examination dftmt. One for US green card purpose and other one extra copy of O/L cert. Exmination dftmt issue a yellow colour card token to sumbitt the US embassy in colombo. This is the one I submitted US embassy prior (one week before) to the interview date. Extra copy of O/L cert I took through foreign ministry.However I brought this extra copy also for the interview. But it is not necessary.

Case # 2012AS00025xxx

How did you submit the yellow token before the interview? Do you have to make an appointment or is there a specific time they accept this information?

Non of this information is outlined online. How did you find out this information before the interview? Did you get a checklist from the embassy?

Thank you for the information.