Interview exp at Atlanta

nss

Registered Users (C)
My interview was scheduled at 01:05 and my husband's was at 01:25 p.m., We went to the La Vista office around 12:15 but waited in the car till 12:30 and went in about 12:40. They asked for the Driver's licence id at the entrance along with the letter. Went upstairs. Lot of people were waiting. An officer called me at about 01:15 and went in.

There was some problem with my name. but bottomline...he just made me sign my name along with my husband's last name. So it ended well with me getting my husband's last name without going thru judicial changing etc. etc.,

He then went thru N400. When he asked about arrests, I told him that I was never arrested but was cited for traffic violation. He just brushed it aside and proceeded. He was very friendly. The whole process was quick (dreamlike after going thru all the papers and copying and carrying so many documents). The civics questions asked were:

1. Where is White House located
2. Who are the two Senators of Georgia
3. Which is the legislative branch of our govt
4. What is the supreme law of the land
5. Who is the Supreme Court Judge
6. What are the two parties in U.S.

Will you believe...my husband was also asked these same set of questions by some other IO (weird.....). He asked if I was willing to take the oath ...to which I obviously answered...ofcourse......

He gave a letter and asked me to wait outside and told that I would be given a oath letter and given the time for the oath. Came out and was joined by my husband. We hardly waited for about 10 minutes and was given the oath letter for 02:30 ceremony. Went through the ceremony and became citizens by 04:00 p.m., There were 41 people from 25 countries who took the oath today.

The interesting part is that we had our interview scheduled exactly about 15 days before our 5th year GC anniversary (March 29). We did not expect to take oath today and was not prepared for it. We never even carried a camera.

Basically the IO did not ask for any papers except passport and greencard. He returned the passport and retained the GC.

There were two or three people who were asked for more documents. But mostly everybody seemed to have passed and took the oath.

The SAGA is over now. Though it was not very strenuous for us...it was kind of stressful and tiresome.

All the best to all of you waiting.
-----------------------------
TSC, Atlanta DO
PD: 01-04-2007
FP: 02-01-2007
ID: 03-13-2007
Oath: 03-13-2007