Interview (desition cant be made)

toneto

Registered Users (C)
Today i had my interview,after waiting for so long it was simpler than what i have expected.
Arrived at 6:30 am at building and we were alowed in at 7 am ,went to ofice with lawyer and waited 45 minutes after interview time,i was called and lady (very polite , middle age )asked me for my green card and dl,made cpies and invited us to go in to her office,made swear an be seated ,she started to check my name and my change of name,then she abruptly said we are doing the test now,
1. Who is the gobernor of your state.
2.what is one promise that you make when you become a us citizen.
3.who was first president.
4.what movement tried to end racial discrimination.
5.where is the statue of liberty
6name to national us hollidays.
After that she made me read when is presidents day ,and then write the answer.
She said i passed the test
she continue wit the aplication very fast,on the srrest questions is when she got stopped,she asked me if i was ever arrested and i said no she could not believed that and asked again i said no ,then she said how come there is a court case with no arrest and i told her that i received a letter to go to court,she then said that it doesnot looks good because i was on probation until 05 so it was inside statutory period ,my lawyer was starting a n argument wit her about that and she said ,ok i will have to have my supervisor check this case ,and she said that for immigartion purpodes my case was serious,she never loose her cool and continue on with the application ,made me sign the change of name ,the application,and an oath document.then she said that it was 50/50 and said that i passed everiting but said that the response will be by mail ,she also told my lawyer that she will try to do it today!!.
I was not asked to show:taxes,trafic tickets,marriage,passport,ss cardpayroll,birth certificate,etc,
only provided wher my dl ,green card and court disposition.
Im somehow worried but the worst it seems to be that if she denies it i will be able to apply in october ,i will really appretiate any inputs similarities from the forum members ,and all the guys tath have answer my posts in the past ,i m really thankfull of all of you!

Be careful with what the IO meant by arrest. Here arrest means "arrested or cited". if you got a order to go to court and that is a citation
so by IO's tandard you have been arrested.

To answer such question, one better follow up after answering NO to "have you ever been arrested?". You can
say "No but I was cited", or you can say "I don't know the defnition of arrest but a police officer stooped me and then give me
a n order to go to court".

The booking proceddure at police station will create an official arrest record, but police sometimes can just give a citation on teh spot
and do not bring the people back to teh police station for official booking proicess. But this still count as arrest for the purpose of
the question "Have you ever been arrested?" because that i sjust The IO's abbreviatied,oral version of Question 16 on N400

Last edited by a moderator:
yes that was my answer,i was charged by the police and cited to court,she asked me if i was fingerprinted (booked) i said no that i was cited by da to court on the date indicated on the diposition ,even thoug i never saw a police officer.she was very specific on arrest,i even mentio traffic citation and she said i do not need to see that is not important,she could not beliebed that i got a conviction without a police booking procedure.

yes that was my answer,i was charged by the police and cited to court,she asked me if i was fingerprinted (booked) i said no that i was cited by da to court on the date indicated on the diposition ,even thoug i never saw a police officer.she was very specific on arrest,i even mentio traffic citation and she said i do not need to see that is not important,she could not beliebed that i got a conviction without a police booking procedure.

Why did the IO say your case was serious for immigration purpose? What was the charge?

she was more worried that i had applied during staue of limitations to establish gmc.

You will probably be fine if probation period only oiverlap with statutory period by only a few months. There was a thread not long go and you have probaly read it. The OP was denied but in his case, his 5 year porbation overlapped with statutory period by more than 4 years.

im crossing my fingers,lawyer oppinion was that she will give me a hard time due to nature of my offence ,but just have to wait and keep my hope high.I do remember that post.
again there is the discretionary part that im worry about.

due to nature of my offence ,but just have to wait and keep my hope high.

Does "273.5 misd,dv" meet the deportation criteria?

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/DocView/slbid/1/2/65?hilite=

(E) 6/ Crimes of Domestic violence, stalking, or violation of protection order, crimes against children and.-

(i) Domestic violence, stalking, and child abuse.-Any alien who at any time after admission is convicted of a crime of domestic violence, a crime of stalking, or a crime of child abuse, child neglect, or child abandonment is deportable. For purposes of this clause, the term "crime of domestic violence" means any crime of violence (as defined in section 16 of title 18, United States Code) against a person committed by a current or former spouse of the person, by an individual with whom the person shares a child in common, by an individual who is cohabiting with or has cohabited with the person as a spouse, by an individual similarly situated to a spouse of the person under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction where the offense occurs, or by any other individual against a person who is protected from that individual's acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the United States or any State, Indian tribal government, or unit of local government.

(ii) Violators of protection orders.-Any alien who at any time after entry is enjoined under a protection order issued by a court and whom the court determines has engaged in conduct that violates the portion of a protection order that involves protection against credible threats of violence, repeated harassment, or bodily injury to the person or persons for whom the protection order was issued is deportable. For purposes of this clause, the term "protection order" means any injunction issued fo r the purpose of preventing violent or threatening acts of domestic violence, including temporary or final orders issued by civil or criminal courts (other than support or child custody orders or provisions) whether obtained by filing an independent action or as a pendente lite order in another proceeding.

it has to be a felony,it is a cimt,but since it was in california273.5 it is file as both depending on the facts,they will have to prove that it was a vilent crime,but max sentence for misdemeanor is 6 months so it does not ,they can try but there is always an exemtion to use is not idnamisible.it was misd from the begining ,meaning it was not downgrated to a misdemeanor.but dicretionary is the magic word.like I discussed on previous posts either way I needed to end this one way or another .

it has to be a felony,it is a cimt,but since it was in california273.5 it is file as both depending on the facts,they will have to prove that it was a vilent crime,but max sentence for misdemeanor is 6 months so it does not ,they can try but there is always an exemtion to use is not idnamisible.it was misd from the begining ,meaning it was not downgrated to a misdemeanor.but dicretionary is the magic word.like I discussed on previous posts either way I needed to end this one way or another .

For CIMT to be deportable, maximum possible sentence of 1 year is necessary. But if you check teh deportability in the provided link, you'll find several types of offense are deportable without maximum possible sentence
as prerequisite. They include control substance offense, certain firearm offense , failure to report AR-11 offense, and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE offence. So to see your DV offense is deportable or not, it does not matter
whether it is a felony or misdemeanor. AR-11 failure is misdemanor but it is deportable though USCIS does not enforce this, but for DV it can be different.
DV can be deportable via thru two criteria, One criteron met is enough. one criteron is DV is CIMT with 1 year sentence the other is DV itself can be deportable even if it is not CIMT

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/DocView/slbid/1/2/65?hilite=b

I've only seen deportations on this code for felonies only,all after 1996.

http://criminal.lawyers.com/domesti...5-is-a-Crime-of-Violence-for-Deportation.html

Matthew J. Ruff Domestic Violence Law Blog on Lawyers.com
Federal Court Finds that PC 273.5 is a Crime of Violence for Deportation
Monday, January 4, 2010 by Matthew J. Ruff
Recently, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals found that the crime of PC 273.5 was a crime of violence for purposes of deportation, The Court held:

Here, § 273.5’s text does not apply to conduct outside the term “crime of violence” as defined in the Guidelines. To the contrary, it fits squarely within the term by requiring the deliberate use of force that injures another. Laurico is unable to identify a single § 273.5 case resulting from a non-violent use of force.

As such, Laurico presents only a “theoretical possibility[ ] that [California] would apply its statute to conduct” outside the term “crime of violence,” and this is not enough.
Posted at 21:33 PM
Topic: Domestic Violence
Lawyers.comSM Blog
Get an inside view of
Lawyers.com
Blog Topics
» Personal Injury (529)
» Administrative Law (316)
» Criminal Law (265)
» Automobile Accidents (202)
» DUI/DWI (182)
» Immigration (141)
» Bankruptcy (141)
» Family Law (110)
» Labor and Employment (102)
» Divorce (96)
» Administrative Hearings and Appeals (1) » Administrative Law (316) » Admiralty and Maritime Law (5) » Adoptions (3) » Alternative Dispute Resolution (5) » Americans with Disabilities Act (1) » Animal Law (2) » Appellate Practice (20) » Arbitration (4) » Asbestos Litigation (54) » Asset Protection (5) » Asylum (1) » Automobile Accidents (202) » Automobile Insurance (2) » Automotive Products Liability (32) » Aviation Law (1) » Banking Law (12) » Bankruptcy (141) » Birth Injuries (3) » Breach of Contract (3) » Business Enterprises (3) » Business Formation (8) » Business Law (67) » Business Litigation (4) » Business Planning (16) » Child Custody (15) » Child Support (21) » Citizenship (2) » Civil Litigation (27) » Civil Practice (3) » Civil Rights (1) » Class Actions (12) » Closely Held Business Law (9) » Collections (2) » Commercial Bankruptcy (1) » Commercial Law (18) » Commercial Leasing (3) » Commercial Litigation (4) » Commercial Real Estate (7) » Complex Litigation (5) » Condominium Law (6) » Construction Accidents (4) » Construction Law (15) » Construction Litigation (1) » Consumer Bankruptcy (5) » Consumer Fraud (4) » Consumer Law (1) » Contested Wills (3) » Contracts (8) » Copyrights (3) » Corporate Law (10) » Creditors Rights (1) » Criminal Law (265) » DUI/DWI (182) » Debtor and Creditor (1) » Dental Malpractice (3) » Discrimination (13) » Divorce (96) » Dog Bites (2) » Domestic Violence (13) » Drug Crimes (15) » Drug and Medical Device Litigation (85) » Easements (1) » Education Law (16) » Elder Law (5) » Eminent Domain (10) » Employee Benefits (3) » Employment Contracts (2) » Entertainment Law (1) » Environmental Cleanup (1) » Estate Litigation (2) » Estate Planning (51) » Estate and Gift Taxation (3) » Expungements (2) » Family Law (110) » Federal Criminal Law (5) » Felonies (5) » Finance (33) » Foreclosures (5) » Franchises and Franchising (1) » General Practice (24) » Government Relations (1) » Green Cards (6) » Head and Spinal Injuries (15) » Health Insurance (10) » Homeowners Association Law (25) » Homicide (1) » Hospital Law (2) » Identity Theft (1) » Immigration (141) » Insurance (75) » Insurance Bad Faith (4) » Intellectual Property (14) » International Law (4) » Internet Law (5) » Investments (28) » Juvenile Law (8) » Labor and Employment (102) » Landlord and Tenant Law (1) » Legal Malpractice (12) » Libel, Slander and Defamation (7) » Litigation (48) » Living Wills (3) » Longshore and Harborworkers Compensation Act (1) » Maritime Personal Injury (5) » Mediation (3) » Medical Malpractice (58) » Medicare and Medicaid (2) » Military Law (4) » Misdemeanors (3) » Mortgages (5) » Motorcycle Accidents (23) » Negligence (9) » Nonprofit and Charitable Organizations (1) » Parole and Probation (4) » Paternity (1) » Personal Injury (529) » Police Misconduct (1) » Powers of Attorney (4) » Premarital Agreements (4) » Premises Liability (4) » Products Liability (38) » Professional Liability (2) » Railroad Accidents (26) » Real Estate (67) » Regulatory Law (1) » Residential Real Estate (11) » School Law (13) » Securities (19) » Securities Fraud (1) » Sex Crimes (11) » Sexual Harassment (3) » Slip and Fall (2) » Social Security (6) » Social Security Disability (28) » Spousal Support (1) » Tax Planning (1) » Taxation (12) » Technology and Science (3) » Theft (8) » Torts (6) » Toxic Torts (2) » Trademarks (1) » Traffic Violations (16) » Transportation (8) » Trucking Accidents (57) » Trusts and Estates (18) » Weapons Charges (1) » Whistleblower Litigation (3) » White Collar Crime (2) » Wills and Probate (47) » Workers Compensation (92) » Wrongful Death (14) » Zoning, Planning and Land Use (6)
Show Top Ten...
Show All...
Bloggers
» A. Gary Bell (3)» A. Raymond Hamrick (3)» A. Sam Jubran (12)» Adam C. Sturdivant (2)» Adrian King (9)» Alan Jay Braverman (3)» Albert G. Stoll (1)» Albert M. Quirantes (3)» Albert S. Golbert (3)» Alex Chanlon (2)» Alex Paul Rosenthal (2)» Alexander M. Gurevich (1)» Alexander W. Gothard (3)» Alexandra E. Mora (2)» Alison R. Keenan (5)» Allen A. Cap (2)» Allen B. Felahy (1)» Alvaro Javier Aguilar Alfu (1)» Amanda L. Reichek (5)» Andrew Agatston (22)» Andrew J. Levine (5)» Andrew J. Roberto (4)» Andrew K. Thomas (1)» Andrew O. Carrington (1)» Andrew P. P. Dunk (2)» Andrew S. Berns (1)» Anne Catherine Harvey (3)» Annie Banerjee (2)» Anthony D. Castelli (5)» Anthony J. Meier (1)» Anthony Philip LaMantia (1)» Arthur C. Fulmer (4)» Azita M. Mojarad (1)» B. Ervin Brown (3)» B. Joan Davis (5)» Barbara C. Klabacha (1)» Barbara E. Keon (3)» Barbara McInvaille (3)» Barry A. Bradley (1)» Barry A. Ross (39)» Barry Butin (4)» Barry E. Vickery (1)» Barry J. Waldman (2)» Beau James Nokes (1)» Belinda Etezad Rachman (2)» Benjamin H. Anderson (1)» Bernard C. Fox (4)» Beverly B. Bates (1)» Bob Kalish (4)» Bradley E. Thrush (4)» Bradley J. Domangue (2)» Bradley M. Cosgrove (2)» Brandon M. Gladstone (2)» Brandon S. Peters (18)» Brett A. Emison (93)» Brian A. Hall (2)» Brian Bayati (4)» Brian D. Cook (3)» Brian D. Turner (10)» Brian I. Clymer (2)» Brian J. Nash (1)» Brian J. Plachta (1)» Brian L. Aust (1)» Brian S. Case (1)» Brian Scott McChesney (1)» Bruce Egert (3)» Bruce L. Atkins (3)» Bryan L. Salamone (5)» C. Alan Nicholson (3)» C. Lee Schwilm (6)» C.D. Owens (3)» Cal J. Potter (2)» Carl D. Barnes (1)» Carl J. Herman (6)» Carlos J. Tavares (1)» Carol A. Simpson (4)» Carolyn Dragseth Geneteau (1)» Catharine M. Venzon (1)» Chad M. Ruback (1)» Charles C. Goetsch (3)» Charles H. Raley (1)» Charles O. Peed (1)» Charles T. McGinnis (4)» Cheryl Tremaine Mehl (1)» Chesley Oriel (11)» Christian Faiella (7)» Christopher A. Beechler (1)» Christopher A. Wieber (1)» Christopher D. Dwyer (2)» Christopher E. Ezold (2)» Christopher Gilreath (10)» Christopher H. Brown (3)» Christopher J. Palazzola (2)» Christopher M. Murphy (2)» Christopher M. Rodgers (1)» Christopher Skorina (4)» Clark W. Mason (2)» Claudia Gregoire (96)» Clay M. White (2)» Clifford A. Blackman (6)» Constantinos G. Fountas (8)» Cormac McEnery (5)» Corrie J. Yackulic (2)» Cortisha Dozier Alleyne (2)» Craig I. Kelley (1)» Craig L. Fishman (7)» Craig M. Ortwerth (2)» Curtis B. Sok (1)» D. Michael Kelly (3)» Dale A. Burrows (4)» Dana A. Floyd (1)» Daniel A. DeBruyckere (1)» Daniel D. Connor (1)» Daryoosh Khashayar (3)» David C. Heier (5)» David H. Rowe (1)» David J. Glass (5)» David K.S. Kim (1)» David L. Gibbs (1)» David L. Templer (3)» David M. Lewis (2)» David M. Patton (4)» David M. Peters (4)» David M. Schuler (3)» David P. Crandall (1)» David Pastor (4)» David R. Black (3)» David S. Hamilton (44)» David Schmit (3)» David Sexton (3)» Dawn A. Garcia (3)» Dawn L. Richards (2)» Dean Standish Perkins (1)» Deborah Nabat (3)» Debra F. Bogaards (4)» Denise Brown (2)» Dennis F. Fabozzi (12)» Dennis J. Eichelbaum (2)» Derek T. Smith (4)» Dixon R. Gahnz (7)» Dominick C. Russo (2)» Don D. Hiney (1)» Donald C. Kudler (5)» Donald P. Schweitzer (6)» Donald R. Warren (2)» Donald W. Hudspeth (3)» Doron F. Eghbali (68)» Douglas C. Monsour (7)» Douglas F. Stone (7)» Douglas J. Powell (2)» Douglas R. Horn (1)» Drayton D. Berkley (5)» Edward C. Sweeney (1)» Edward Cohen (3)» Edward E. Scher (4)» Edward H. Zebersky (8)» Edward J. Hershewe (8)» Edward M. Nass (1)» Eileen Collins Bretz (2)» Elizabeth M. Grant (1)» Elizabeth M. Tarasi (6)» Elliot R. Schiff (10)» Elliot R. Warren (4)» Enrico Schaefer (5)» Eric A. Shore (8)» Eric E. Munoz (1)» Eric Feingold (3)» Eric L. Buchanan (1)» Eric Roland Spencer (3)» Erick Trivedi (18)» Erik Baard Grindal (2)» Erin T. Siska (1)» Ernest Messerly (2)» Evan Gewirtz (2)» Evan L. Kaine (4)» Francis A. Pommett (5)» Frank A. Petro (3)» Frank Nicholas (4)» Fred E. Karlinsky (2)» Fred Mark Dry (7)» Frederic L. Goeddel (2)» G. Mark Albright (5)» Gary E. Williams (1)» Gary N. Gosanko (3)» Gary S. Fergus (2)» Geoffrey E. Schorr (10)» George B. Daniel (1)» George C. Luther (5)» Gerald A. Berk (2)» Gerald G. Lutkenhaus (25)» Gerald P. Goulder (10)» Gerardo Miguel Lopez Cisneros (1)» Gilbert Fisher (3)» Glenn A. McCandliss (1)» Glenn C. Ronaldson (10)» Glenn H. Morak (2)» Glenn R. Roderman (4)» Gregg A. Stone (5)» Gregory D. Delev (3)» Gregory J. Jansen (3)» Gregory Scott Robey (3)» Guy J. Vitetta (1)» H. Douglas Shepherd (2)» Harper J. Dimmerman (7)» Harriet B. Alexson (5)» Harriet L. Langston (6)» Harry A. Payton (3)» Harry G. Deitzler (3)» Harry S. Steinmetz (2)» Harvey Alford (4)» Harvey D. Friedman (12)» Herbert W. Auger (6)» Howard Andrew Raphaelson (12)» Howard B. Sirota (5)» Howard D. Rothbloom (1)» Howard Iken (11)» Howard O. McGillin (2)» Hubert E. Hamilton (1)» Ian A. Caldwell (8)» Ivan Yacub (1)» J. Christopher Keen (2)» J. R. Crockett (3)» J. Scott Dilbeck (1)» Jack B. Swerling (5)» Jack Cannon (1)» Jack G. Duffy (4)» Jack G. Lezman (4)» Jack N. Fuerst (3)» Jacob J. Rivas (3)» Jacqueline Kong (3)» James A. Dattilo (2)» James C. DeZao (3)» James F. Willeford (7)» James J. Ruggiero (2)» James L. Allegretti (5)» James M. Nardelli (3)» James M. Roane (2)» James R. Flandreau (5)» James R. Modrall (19)» James W. Martin (56)» Jan M. McCray Flemmons (1)» Jana Hicks Taylor (1)» Jane Lamberti Sams (4)» Janet Ward Black (7)» Janis Peterson-Lord (5)» Jason A. Rosner (3)» Jason E. Treherne (2)» Jason Naimi (1)» Jay R. Vaughn (6)» Jeff Cherry (4)» Jeff D. Vastola (4)» Jeffrey D. Janoff (1)» Jeffrey F. Duke (7)» Jeffrey F. Laffey (3)» Jeffrey G. Lerman (2)» Jeffrey M. Braxton (6)» Jeffrey M. Rich (1)» Jeffrey N. Wilens (1)» Jeffrey P. Crabtree (4)» Jeffrey P. Judge (3)» Jeffrey S. Antin (2)» Jeffrey S. Cook (3)» Jeffrey S. Dawson (1)» Jeffrey S. Friedman (1)» Jennifer A. Deland (1)» Jess A. Lorona (3)» Jill E. Dimick (1)» Jody R. Nathan (2)» Joe H. Byrd (3)» Joel M. Baskin (3)» Joey Michael Grant (2)» Johanna M. Keamy (5)» John A. Adamczyk (2)» John B. Gately (2)» John B. Miller (2)» John B. Palley (4)» John B. Whalen (22)» John C. Ambrose (3)» John C. Fitzpatrick (2)» John C. Giles (3)» John D. Sloan (4)» John F. Sharpless (11)» John H. Ruby (5)» John J. Tollefsen (35)» John Jacob Rieck (1)» John M. McWilliams (1)» John M. O'Gara (2)» John N. Hutson (1)» John P. Scanlon (1)» John P. Tatz (1)» John P. Zanelotti (1)» John S. Bingham (3)» John W. Byrnes (5)» Johnny Q. Rasberry (1)» Jon S. Stefanuca (3)» Jonathan Frutkin (3)» Jonathan I. Nirenberg (36)» Jonathan K. Tycko (6)» Jonathan Koles (1)» Jonathan M. Jones (4)» Jonathan Marks (4)» Jonathan Y. Short (1)» Joseph A. Lombardi (5)» Joseph A. Marra (3)» Joseph Alexander Paletta (1)» Joseph E. Deering (3)» Joseph Kurt Kaple (4)» Joseph L. Messa (14)» Joseph L. Walsh (7)» Joseph Lurie (24)» Joseph P. Rewis (3)» Joseph Pierotti (1)» Joseph S. Kashi (19)» Joseph Siegmann (1)» Josh S. Brownstein (2)» Joshua P. Hayes (6)» Judy Harrison Barganier (1)» Julie Sparks (4)» K. Dean Kantaras (3)» K. P. Reddy (1)» KahBo Dye-Chiew (4)» Karyn K. Reed (5)» Kate Swain (1)» Kathleen A. Hunt (10)» Kay Polk (3)» Keith Codron (4)» Keith S. Knochel (1)» Kelly J. Shook (5)» Kenneth A. DiMuzio (1)» Kenneth E. Brewe (1)» Kenneth S. Feraru (3)» Kevin C. Flesch (10)» Kevin F. Danyi (1)» Kevin F. Jursinski (3)» Kevin Paul Childers (1)» Khaled S. Mujtabaa (1)» Kim Michael Cullen (7)» Kirk D. Catron (1)» Kris A. Davis-Jones (2)» Kristin M. Case (1)» Kurt A. Muller (7)» L. Leonard Lundy (3)» Landon Ascheman (8)» Lansing J. Roy (3)» Larry H. Parker (14)» Larry Pitt (2)» Laura A. Rogal (2)» Laura Kalish (13)» Lauri J. Goldstein (3)» Lawrence A. Ajalat (2)» Lawrence Brownstein (4)» Lawrence E. Fuentes (2)» Lee Hollander (1)» Lee Rosenberg (9)» Leighton H. Rockafellow (1)» Leonard E. Oldwin (1)» Leslie A. LeMense (3)» Linda B. Hagan (1)» Lloyd Robles (1)» Lloyd W. Hoffspiegel (3)» Locke T. Clifford (1)» Louis P. Pfeffer (3)» Lynn Ricci (2)» M. Brad Gibson (3)» Marc Alan Chase (1)» Marc Elliot Grossman (2)» Marc L. Stein (2)» Maren Tobler Hanson (2)» Maria Cavalluzzi (5)» Maria Elena Abate (2)» Marisa C. Petrella (1)» Mark A. Nacol (38)» Mark Adam Goldstein (2)» Mark B. Kleinfeld (2)» Mark Bernstein (1)» Mark C. Thomas (2)» Mark D. Clore (2)» Mark D. Edwards (1)» Mark G. Clark (2)» Mark Hirsch (3)» Mark P. Scherzer (13)» Mark R. Benavides (1)» Mark S. McDaniel (4)» Mark Thompson (33)» Mark W. Jordan (3)» Mark W. Napier (4)» Martin B. Kofsky (2)» Martin J. Healy (13)» Martin W. Edelman (2)» Marybel Reinoso Coleman (2)» Matthew D. Newman (4)» Matthew David Keenan (21)» Matthew Greene (32)» Matthew J. Forstadt (3)» Matthew J. Ruff (157)» Matthew S. Dana (2)» Matthew T. Berry (11)» Maximilian Koch (1)» McKenna W. Pyper (1)» Megan M. Grant (2)» Melanie K. Morgan (4)» Melinda F. Seemar (2)» Melvin S. Nash (2)» Michael A. Cavalluzzi (1)» Michael A. Lesser (1)» Michael B. Berger (3)» Michael Cecere (3)» Michael D. Daudt (1)» Michael D. McNeil (1)» Michael E. Clark (8)» Michael H. Raichelson (3)» Michael I. Santucci (1)» Michael J. Barren (1)» Michael J. Barrows (3)» Michael J. Haller (1)» Michael J. Overbeck (6)» Michael J. Trevelline (3)» Michael L. Crowley (1)» Michael L. Detzky (10)» Michael L. Pescatore (3)» Michael L. Wise (2)» Michael P. Ehline (89)» Michael P. Kenny (3)» Michael P. Malvey (2)» Michael P. Manley (2)» Michael Patrick Keenan (3)» Michael R. Ascher (1)» Michael S. Edwards (2)» Michael S. Schlesinger (1)» Michael T. Douglass (1)» Michael T. Sawyier (1)» Michele S. Lewane (3)» Michelle Patrick (2)» Michelle R. Goodwin (3)» Michelle Rabouin (2)» Miguel J. Cervantes (3)» Mike Colodny (6)» Mitchell A. Byrd (1)» Mitchell S. Lipkin (4)» Moses Alexander Yneges (3)» Musa K. Farmand (1)» Myles S. Breiner (4)» Nancy J. Balles (4)» Neal Michael Lourie (4)» Nelson C. Barry (6)» Olivier Sciales (27)» Patricia A. Hendrickson (4)» Patricia A. Trent (1)» Patrick J. Eng (4)» Patrick K. Cafferty (3)» Paul Antill (3)» Paul I. Nemoy (7)» Paul J. Edelstein (1)» Paul S. Rosenberg (8)» Paula M. Lawhon (3)» Paula S. Teske (1)» Payman Zargari (2)» Pellegrino L. Certa (1)» Peter K. Odom (2)» Peter T. Harris (6)» Philip C. Rosen (6)» Philip J. Bernstein (3)» Philip J. Nathanson (2)» Philip M. Howe (5)» Philip M. Tobin (2)» Philip Nettl (4)» Philip S. Burnham (2)» Philip W. Boyko (13)» Phillip D. Hineman (1)» Phillip Eugene Benson (2)» Phillips P. O'Shaughnessy (2)» Priscilla Bondy Dubé (1)» R. Clay Milling (15)» R. Lewis Van Blois (3)» Ralph J. Blake (2)» Ralph L. Gonzalez (4)» Randall E. Reagan (3)» Randolph H. Freking (5)» Randy A. Fleischer (1)» Reagen Kulseth (4)» Rebecca A. Nitkin (3)» Riccardo L. Ippolito (10)» Richard A. Lybarger (2)» Richard C. Brenneman (1)» Richard D. Chamberlain (3)» Richard E. Aleksy (2)» Richard E. Holmes (1)» Richard E. Johnson (1)» Richard G. Book (2)» Richard J. Emhof (27)» Richard J. Fidei (37)» Richard P. Lawson (2)» Richard Perlini (3)» Richard S. Diamond (14)» Richard S. Donahey (11)» Richard T. Meehan (3)» Richard W. Driscoll (1)» Robert A. Loeb (2)» Robert B. Relph (4)» Robert Christian Billar (6)» Robert D. Dodson (3)» Robert E. Cartwright (17)» Robert F. Schnatmeier (3)» Robert G. Slugg (1)» Robert H. Nagle (1)» Robert H. Smalley (6)» Robert H. Wendt (3)» Robert I. Feinberg (50)» Robert J. Shanahan (3)» Robert L. Gigliotti (7)» Robert L. Noa (3)» Robert L. Scruggs (1)» Robert L. Shafer (6)» Robert L. Sharpe (5)» Robert M. Smyth (2)» Robert ML Baker (1)» Robert N. Edwards (2)» Robert P. Cocco (2)» Robert P. Hein (2)» Robert R. McGill (316)» Robert Reid McInvale (3)» Robert S. Rifkin (7)» Robert T. Cunningham (1)» Robert W. Mansell (5)» Robertson H. Wendt (2)» Roger A. Jackson (1)» Roger J. Dodd (1)» Roger R. Carter (5)» Ronald David Rodman (3)» Ronald J. Conte (6)» Ronald S. Heymann (1)» Roy M. Doppelt (1)» Ruben Gonzalez (2)» Ruben J. Cruz (4)» Russell Reynolds (2)» Russell Stanaland (7)» S. Kay Dansby (7)» S. Roger Rombro (3)» Samuel Junkin (1)» Sandy P. Fay (7)» Sandy T. Fox (5)» Sara J. Powell (1)» Sara M. Webster (1)» Sara R. Harvey (2)» Scott B. Smith (4)» Scott C. Crabtree (3)» Scott C. Elwell (1)» Scott Delius (17)» Scott Donald (4)» Scott T. McCullough (2)» Scotty MacLean (3)» Sean R. Josephson (1)» Seth A. Harris (2)» Shannon M. Bland (2)» Sharon R. Sprague (1)» Shawn Ettingoff (1)» Sheryl L. Axelrod (34)» Signe O'Brien Rudberg (2)» Siomara Ramirez Pitre (2)» Spence A. Singleton (1)» Stacie L. Patterson (5)» Stacy L. Thompson (3)» Stephanie J. Wilson (1)» Stephen C. Hosford (5)» Stephen E. Palmer (17)» Stephen H. Ringkamp (2)» Stephen K. Brooks (3)» Stephen R. Drew (1)» Stephen R. Leffler (3)» Steve M. Marks (3)» Steven C. Davidson (3)» Steven J. Bruzonsky (3)» Steven J. Klearman (12)» Steven M. Bishop (3)» Steven M. Bishop (1)» Steven M. Gursten (71)» Steven N. Garmo (1)» Steven O. Teal (3)» Steven R. Pruzan (1)» Steven V. Buckman (2)» Steven W. Perbix (4)» Stewart L. Howard (1)» Susan V. Perez (6)» T. Troy Otus (9)» Tab Mitchell (3)» Tamara L. Harper (22)» Tamila C. Jensen (3)» Tanya P. Dwyer (5)» Terrence D. Garmey (3)» Terry B. Crouppen (21)» Theodore A. Spaulding (1)» Theodore E. B. Einhorn (1)» Theodore F. Smith (2)» Thomas A. Mengesha (3)» Thomas Bulman (1)» Thomas D. Collins (2)» Thomas E. Drendel (3)» Thomas J. Lamb (113)» Thomas J. Methvin (2)» Thomas M. Green (3)» Thomas McCarthy (1)» Thomas Petrelli (3)» Thomas T. Overton (3)» Thomas W. Bucci (2)» Timothy A. Berger (2)» Timothy G. Anderson (5)» Timothy Patrick Peabody (3)» Tina Saghafi (1)» Todd A. Smith (5)» Todd B. Becker (3)» Tonda L. Curry (3)» Toni Marie Gelineau (1)» Tony R. Bertolino (1)» Tonya D. Cromartie (1)» Tracy Hunsaker Gilroy (3)» Trevor B. Mask (1)» Trudy Nearn (2)» Victoria C. Swanson (3)» Virginia A. Albers (1)» Virginia L. Hunt (3)» Virginia L. Landry (4)» W. Travis Garrison (4)» Walter F. Benenati (2)» Wesley Kent Hill (3)» William D. Massey (3)» William D. Tucker (8)» William D. Umansky (4)» William E. Raikes (2)» William H. Harrell (1)» William K. Adams (1)» William Lucas Marder (2)» William Muhr (13)» William O. "Bill" James (3)» William R. Amlong (5)» William R. Gray (3)» William T. Bonham (4)» William W. (Bill) Blue (3)» Yaron Helmer (2)» Yolanda Akano (3)» Zachary J. Peagler (4)» Ziyad I. Naccasha (3)» (9)» (12)» (2)» (1)» (1)» (1)» (2)
» Robert R. McGill (316)
» Matthew J. Ruff (157)
» Thomas J. Lamb (113)
» Claudia Gregoire (96)
» Brett A. Emison (93)
» Michael P. Ehline (89)
» Steven M. Gursten (71)
» Doron F. Eghbali (68)
» James W. Martin (56)
» Robert I. Feinberg (50)
Show All...
Show Top Ten...
Archives
» February 2010 (137)
» January 2010 (361)
» December 2009 (394)
» February 2010 (137) » January 2010 (361) » December 2009 (394) » November 2009 (366) » October 2009 (292) » September 2009 (269) » August 2009 (263) » July 2009 (347) » June 2009 (298) » May 2009 (160) » April 2009 (143) » March 2009 (95) » February 2009 (107) » January 2009 (110) » December 2008 (69) » November 2008 (49) » October 2008 (34) » September 2008 (13) » August 2008 (28) » July 2008 (33) » June 2008 (15) » May 2008 (38) » April 2008 (23) » March 2008 (36) » February 2008 (6) » January 2008 (1) » November 2007 (6) » October 2007 (5) » September 2007 (2) » August 2007 (3) » July 2007 (25) » June 2007 (7) » May 2007 (11) » April 2007 (8) » March 2007 (1) » February 2007 (1) » January 2007 (1)
Older...
Newer...
Recent...

Subscribe to All Blogs

I've only seen deportations on this code for felonies only,all after 1996.

http://criminal.lawyers.com/domesti...5-is-a-Crime-of-Violence-for-Deportation.html

Matthew J. Ruff Domestic Violence Law Blog on Lawyers.com
Federal Court Finds that PC 273.5 is a Crime of Violence for Deportation
Monday, January 4, 2010 by Matthew J. Ruff
Recently, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals found that the crime of PC 273.5 was a crime of violence for purposes of deportation, The Court held:

Here, § 273.5’s text does not apply to conduct outside the term “crime of violence” as defined in the Guidelines. To the contrary, it fits squarely within the term by requiring the deliberate use of force that injures another. Laurico is unable to identify a single § 273.5 case resulting from a non-violent use of force.

As such, Laurico presents only a “theoretical possibility[ ] that [California] would apply its statute to conduct” outside the term “crime of violence,” and this is not enough.
Posted at 21:33 PM
Topic: Domestic Violence
Lawyers.comSM Blog
Get an inside view of
Lawyers.com

again he was charged with felony ,doungrated to misd.when police arrest you they always charges you with felony and on court you pleA to a misdemeanor so you do not go to prison,but since i was not arrested there was never the word felony on the complaint ,on the court doc ,it said 273.5 misd.at the beginning,I m hoping for the best,worst ill have to reapply on oct.I do not think it is worth to appeal a dennial,if it falls under stautory period,im just impation about it but feel relieved that I went trough this ,wathever the outcome may be,that was the only time i have a problem with the law and believe me it make me change a hole lot on my approach to everything called work or relation ships,mistakes always cost you ,I knew that before I applied but it is best to face consecuences than to hide frome it ,i really appretiate this forum and all the people that have always answer to me (whb)thank you ! and the waiting game continues .

again he was charged with felony ,doungrated to misd.when police arrest you they always charges you with felony and on court you pleA to a misdemeanor so you do not go to prison,but since i was not arrested there was never the word felony on the complaint ,on the court doc ,it said 273.5 misd.at the beginning,I m hoping for the best,worst ill have to reapply on oct.I do not think it is worth to appeal a dennial,if it falls under stautory period,im just impation about it but feel relieved that I went trough this ,wathever the outcome may be,that was the only time i have a problem with the law and believe me it make me change a hole lot on my approach to everything called work or relation ships,mistakes always cost you ,I knew that before I applied but it is best to face consecuences than to hide frome it ,i really appretiate this forum and all the people that have always answer to me (whb)thank you ! and the waiting game continues .

INA 237 does not say domestic violence offense need to be a felony to be deportable (same things for firearm offense or controlled
substance offense). I don't mean to be discouraging and you will probably be fine but I just want to remidn you of the worst case
scenario so you can be ready for a fight no matter how chance is small.

I worked in Santa Clara county in the domestic violence court (CA)...Yes i had clients with domestic violence charges go to deportation proceedings. Violation of a protective order is more serious than a dv charge for an incident. This person has probabbly pleaded to a lesser charge which brought the felony charge to misdem status. They either pleade guilty or no contest which are the same in terms of outcome. You have to be five years violence clean and finished your sentence to get the citizenship. On the other hand if you have applied and are in the situation you are in and have obviously been violence free for many years...I would go back to your batterers intervention program final report stating you have improved and get a letter from your current spouse stating you are healthy. Submit these as they may sway officer decision in ur favour. I have seen this happen in numerous cases...they did get their citizenship (but after they had completed their program). As for expungement dont do it unless you really want it...it works against you because the charge comes up twice on ur report rather than just letting it die away............ Hopefully this helps u.

yes ,it happened back on 02 ,should have been more informed abut the seriousness of it ,but that is water under the bridge ,completted everything on time,classes fine etc,the charge was always a misdemeanor i took a ple ang got suspended sentece ,it was (iknow now i should have not done) expunged on 06,she did not asked for other documets at the time only court dispositon I had letters from various people icluding employeer for 14 years but were not ask to providem.