interview call, but I130 not approved yet

eadinphoenix

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
finally i received last month from NBC saying my interview was schedule on oct 31th, my wife filed I130 for me which still not approved yet, my lawyer screwed her name in application form , so receipt was sent back to NBC, i have been calling NBC for last 10 months to fix the problem , i even sent 2 times letter to NBC explaining the problem, no luck yet. after receiving the interview letter i called NBC to disvuss this issue, they said it doesn't matter what's on I130, only stuf in i485 matter, anyone had any similar experience??

sent papers to chicago lock box 01/06/05
EAD-02/05
interview 10/31

eadinphoenix said:
Hi Guys,
finally i received last month from NBC saying my interview was schedule on oct 31th, my wife filed I130 for me which still not approved yet, my lawyer screwed her name in application form , so receipt was sent back to NBC, i have been calling NBC for last 10 months to fix the problem , i even sent 2 times letter to NBC explaining the problem, no luck yet. after receiving the interview letter i called NBC to disvuss this issue, they said it doesn't matter what's on I130, only stuf in i485 matter, anyone had any similar experience??

sent papers to chicago lock box 01/06/05
EAD-02/05
interview 10/31
I130 is usually approved with I485 (during AOS interview). I think there is no need to worry about it. Interviewer should correct her name on I130 form at time of interview.

If your case is straightforward, there is no need to use lawyer.

I had my interview in phoenix DO on 28th. It went well.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no intention to take my lawyer with me, can pls share your interview experience @ phoenix office

Thx
Chandler

k3 and AOS

hi everyone,
if someone comes to unted states on k3 but i130 is still pending ,is the person allow to apply for AOS/EAD or i130 has to be approved in order to apply for AOS/EAD.
thanks in advance
here is my situation filed i130 for my husband when i was permanent resident then upgraded my petition from LPR to USC with vermont service center but i130 is still pending so i just filed i129f/spouse.i hope this will get approve fast

eadinphoenix said:
i have no intention to take my lawyer with me, can pls share your interview experience @ phoenix office

Thx
Chandler
My interview was scheduled on Sept 28 (11:30 AM). We reached there at 11:15 AM, waited for like 25 minutes. Interviewer was pretty cool, she asked basic questions like when we met first and how we met. Whole interview is recorded as well as videotaped. She asked my wife(USC) my parent's name, my DOB, asked me her DOB, where she was born, looked at our documents, most of them were already in our file. My passport was stolen couple of months before, i told her about that, presented police report, copy from consulate as proof of that i've applied for new passport. I don't have my BC, so i gave affidavits from my parents, as well as non avialibility certificate. Later, she asked for evidence that we lived together, i gave her copy of out apartment lease, joint IRS returns for 2004, car and health insurance copies. She didn't asked for pics or anthng else. At the end, she said that she need to access some background information and system is down. As soon as she's able to get on system, she'll approve our case.
Next day, my case was approved and and as per USCS website approval has been mailed.
Overall, interview experience was very good. If your marriage is genuine, there is nothing to worry about. They figure out the way how you behave. Everybody in this office, from security guards to each immigration officer, are pretty cool. :)
And yes, we're done in 10-15 minutes.
Let me know in case you need more information.

Thx int0928 , we have 3 months baby also, do you think we should take the baby also to interview or just me & my wife??

You are not required to take your kid in interview (as mentioned in interview letter). Take his/her birth certificate/documents as per interview letter with you.

I got my medical done in phoenix. I got it done at time i sent my application (oct 2004).

Dr. Stephen E. Flynn
3235 N 20th St
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602)955-8551

He charges pretty reasonable (lowest :D fee). I live in Tempe too.