interview before the 5 year anniversay

venkatesh Sunkad

Registered Users (C)
Dear Folks

My wife and myself 5th year anniversary of GC is on Jan 30 2007. My interview is on Jan 26th. Will this be a problem? My District office (DO) is Denver.

If somebody from Denver DO had a similar situation please post your experience

thanks

sunkad

venkatesh Sunkad said:
Dear Folks

My wife and myself 5th year anniversary of GC is on Jan 30 2007. My interview is on Jan 26th. Will this be a problem? My District office (DO) is Denver.

If somebody from Denver DO had a similar situation please post your experience
I can't talk specifically about Denver DO. But multiple folks in this forum in similar situations got their interviews rescheduled by USCIS as the authorities probably found out their scheduling issues.

you can probably go for the interview rather than get it rescheduled, but you will have to get the oath after the 30th, so that you have met the 5 years requirement. lots of ppl do it that way. however, i don't know about Denver DO.

It seems to have worked well for some folks, for other folks, they've had to reschedule the interview. My advice, go for it. Make sure you point out the dates when they ask you to sign -- one of the things you are signing for is the question about it having been 5 years since you got LPR status.