Interview at the Philadelphia DO on 3/8/07

CTZEN2B

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I had my naturalization interview on March 8th at the Philly DO. The interviewing officer was very nice, warm and professional. As I entered her office she swore me in and asked me to sit. She asked for my Green card, Passport and ID and began to review the application. She asked about my address, phone number, date of marriage (I applied based on marriage to a USC) our children and the typical yes or no questions. I answered yes on my application that I’d committed a crime or offence for which I was not arrested so she needed some clarification on that. I explained that these were only traffic offenses she changed my answer to NO. I explained that I answered yes because the word EVER seemed to include traffic citations. She explained that answering yes to that question would mean that I’m confessing a crime to her. Since I was not confessing so we proceeded and I handed over the traffic ticket info. She also asked about my employment I think because my employer is in NY but I live PA. She asked whether my wife and I filed taxes annually and I presented our joint transcripts from the IRS. Then came the civics questions. She asked and I responded verbally

Who was the first president?
How many stars are there on the flag?
What was the name of the ship that brought the pilgrims to America?
What are the two major political parties in the US?
What is the constitution?
Where is the name of the president’s residence?

She had me read: The constitution is the supreme law of the land
She dictated and I wrote: Today I am going to the store

The selective service issue came up but she said I was not required to register. I think I was but why would I argue otherwise. I’m 29 plus even if they think I should have and I didn’t there is no issue.
At the end of the 10 minute interview she concluded that I demonstrated eligiblity for naturalization and she would be recommending case approval. I expected that since my case was very simple but then she made my day even better by giving me two options:

1. Wait for an oath ceremony in my city in late April –or-
2. Return to Philly for a mega ceremony on April 4th.

I chose option 2 and I was handed my oath letter right there and then. I guess that’s only fair since it took almost 5 months from FP to IL.

Timeline:
08/04/06 : VSC received my application
08/24/06 : Fingerprinted
01/04/07 : IL received
03/08/07 : Interviewed
04/04/07 : Oath Date

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Holy cow!!! They also asked me to write "Today I am going to the store"!!! What a coincidence!!! Don't these folks have more imagination than that? Btw, my interview was in Newark, not Philly.

My Interview Experience

Congratulations!!!

Last edited by a moderator: