Interview at local office

Paarey

Registered Users (C)
Interview at Wash. DC office

Hello dear Want, Atique, Cadel, Ayyubov, Morning, Faysal and.....

With the help of Congressman we got interview letters from Washington D.C. office but my wife is scheduled at 2:00 PM on June 6, 2006 while myself(principal applicant) and our daughter(23 yrs.) and son (13 yrs.) are scheduled for June 7, 2006 with another District Adjudication Officer. Interview time for our daughter is scheduled at 9:45 AM, my son at 10:15 AM and myself at 10:45 AM all on June 7, 2006. We wrote letters to both District Adjudication Officers requesting to club all of us together for interview on one day and time as per their convenience as we all were granted Asylum together by IJ in Feb. 2001 and applied our I-485 on same day in May 2002. Please guide us whether letters written to 2 District Adjudication Officers would help (which I don't think so) or we should contact Congressman again for his intervention to club us together for interview. Any suggestion from your end to solve this problem of clubbing us together is highly appreciated.

Paarey said:

With the help of Congressman we got interview letters from Washington D.C. office but my wife is scheduled at 2:00 PM on June 6, 2006 while myself(principal applicant) and our daughter(23 yrs.) and son (13 yrs.) are scheduled for June 7, 2006 with another District Adjudication Officer. Interview time for our daughter is scheduled at 9:45 AM, my son at 10:15 AM and myself at 10:45 AM all on June 7, 2006. We wrote letters to both District Adjudication Officers requesting to club all of us together for interview on one day and time as per their convenience as we all were granted Asylum together by IJ in Feb. 2001 and applied our I-485 on same day in May 2002. Please guide us whether letters written to 2 District Adjudication Officers would help (which I don't think so) or we should contact Congressman again for his intervention to club us together for interview. Any suggestion from your end to solve this problem of clubbing us together is highly appreciated.

You know my personal suggestion to you would be just go ahead & face the interview as instructed. The more changes you would try to make will cause nothing but delay processing your case. I understand it would be better & more convenient but please for your sake I must say try to stick with their instructions. Once again this is completely my suggestions based on my immigration experiences, you or others have no obligation to follow that by any means. Do what you think is right. Good luck.
Atique.

Paarey
My inclination would be to contact the Congressman again, especially if you have to travel far for these interviews and take too much off work. UCSIS is a huge bureaucratic monster, which views us as a faceless mass and they do not give a damn about us as individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
atique rahman
You have a valid point.
Paarey
Keep in mind that request to reschedule almost inevitably means another delay. If the CIS office, where your interview is scheduled is within 10-15 miles from your residence, just go ahead and do it. Otherwise, be prepared to wait for a few more months (or years - with the INS you never know what to expect).

Paarey said:

Good news.Keep cool and face interviews. As ATIQUE said,try to manage the situation as presented by uscis.You should have no change to make.
Good luck to you and your family.Keep us informed.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

Paarey said:

Paarey, just giving you a simple example. One of my friends wife was asked for an citizenship interview at the local office but unfortunately she was in overseas at that time so she missed that appointment & it took her more than a year to re-schedule her interview date again. What a waste of valuable time. Now it's not an obvious case but if you look at people's experiences that's more likely what my friend's wife had gone through.
Therefore please follow their instructions regardless it's troublesome for you.
Atique.