Interview and approval at local INS office (SF)

Immigration101

Registered Users (C)
I got the I-551 stamp at the local INS office this week. My case was very straight-forward. INS was not able to get an acceptable copy of my finger-prints to send to FBI. So they transferred my case to the local office in SF.

The interview letter asked me to bring police clearances from all US jurisdictions at the time of the interview. The immigration officer took all the clearance letters and asked me to fill out a questionare (arrests, fines, convictions, etc - all no in my case). He then went over my application to determine if all the information was still current and accurate. At the end of the process, he stamped my passport with a I-551 stamp. The whole process took less than 10 mins.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ciba and the others who have helped to make this discussion group a valuable information resource.

Details :

Handle : Simple Simon
Category : EB2 (India)
PD : 06/1999
RD/ND : 10/2000
FP : 02/2001 (2 times)
Case Transferred to local office : 03/2001
Interview and approved : 7/2001

No Title

Simple Simon,

Congratulations on your approval and thank you very much for posting your information.

This is the second interview this week. Unfortunately the San Jose office, on which I am waiting, seems to be a lot busier than the San Francisco one.

No Title

Hi SimpleSimon,

Good for you to get your case approved immediately after the
interview. This is a second such case (i.e., approval at the
end of the interview) we have seen this week. San Francisco
office does not usually approve interview cases so quickly.

Thanks for a nice post. I will upload your message to the
webpage for future new comers. Enjoy the freedom.

ciba