Interivewed--2nd FP done-but no final approval yet? Newark NJ

baobao

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All:

We had a smooth interview at the Newark office on Sept.19. We were told to do the 2nd FP and that once the 2nd FP results arrive in INS database, the approval notice will be sent. The officer estimated that it would take around 4-5 weeks for us to receive the approval notice after the 2nd FP is done (he said that it takes about 2 weeks for FP results to come back to his computer, and another 2 weeks for processing the final notice).

We managed to do an early FP on Sept. 19 (the original notice was for Oct. 4), and I called the FBI last week and was told that the 2nd FP results were sent back to INS on Sept. 19 (was very surprised that the whole process was completed on the same day). However, we are yet to receive anything from the Newark office, and it has been over 7 weeks since the interview and the 2nd FP, and over 2 weeks beyond the projected approval date. I remembered that there was someone in similar situation, and got the final approval within 10 days after the 2nd FP.

I checked the online case status, which still just shows the July 21 transfer decision. I was wondering if anyone with similar experiences could comment on our cases. I especially would like to know, who should we contact if we still receive nothing after another 2-3 weeks, the Newark Office or the BCIS national call center?

Thanks a lot and have a good weekend,

Bb

My stats:

I-140 AP--Oct. 2001
I-485 RD--Jan04, 2002
I-485 ND--Jan22, 2002
FP: May10, 2002
EAC-02-091-xxxxx
NO RFE
Transfer date: July 23, 2003
Interview RD: Aug. 14, 2003
Interview Day: Sept. 19. 2003