Interim EAD

CNB

Registered Users (C)
I heard that you can request an interim EAD at a local office if USCIS does not approve/deny your application withing 90 days.
Is it 90 days from RD or ND?
This is my third EAD since I filed my I-485, which is still pending at a local office.
It never took this long to get fingerprint notice before.
My fingerprint appointment on the notification is Dec. 20, which will be 91st day since the ND. I could not get an earlier appointment.
I am very concerned about my current EAD expiring on Jan 5, 2006 because of my job.
How long after do you receive your actual EAD once fingerprint is taken?
Do you have to have your fingerprint done first in order to request an interim EAD?

Appreciate your advice.

No you do not need FP done before getting iEAD. Take an infopass appointment and apply for iEAD. They will take your fingerprint and issue you an iEAD within couple of hours.

CNB said:
I heard that you can request an interim EAD at a local office if USCIS does not approve/deny your application withing 90 days.
Is it 90 days from RD or ND?
This is my third EAD since I filed my I-485, which is still pending at a local office.
It never took this long to get fingerprint notice before.
My fingerprint appointment on the notification is Dec. 20, which will be 91st day since the ND. I could not get an earlier appointment.
I am very concerned about my current EAD expiring on Jan 5, 2006 because of my job.
How long after do you receive your actual EAD once fingerprint is taken?
Do you have to have your fingerprint done first in order to request an interim EAD?

Appreciate your advice.

iEAD eligibility is 90 days from the RD

I called the 1-800 customer serivce and asked about iEAD and they did not want to help me because it hasn't been more than 90 days at this point. They asked me to call back and ask the question once 90 days have past.

According to one customer service representative it needs to be "90 days from RD" while the other person said "90 days from ND". I am confused.

I will make an appointment for 91st day from ND and speak to an officer at local office.

My DO is Tampa and I appreciate if anyone who filed with the DO, can share recent EAD or iEAD experience.

Does USCIS website have specific information about iEAD?
I try to search but the information I saw was not clear.

I want to be sure if it is 90 days from RD or ND that I can request an iEAD. The dates are 9 days apart.

Online status says "Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on September 19, 2005."
Sept. 19 is actually the ND on my NOA.....

CNB said:
Does USCIS website have specific information about iEAD?
I try to search but the information I saw was not clear.

I want to be sure if it is 90 days from RD or ND that I can request an iEAD. The dates are 9 days apart.

Online status says "Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on September 19, 2005."
Sept. 19 is actually the ND on my NOA.....

90 days from RD.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm#ead

cherr1980,
I do not understand what you meant by 53rd day.
Do you exclude holidays and weekends?

RD: 9/11
ND: 9/19
FP: 12/20

ari4u,
I went to the exact page of USCIS website but I still find the explanation so uncertain.....

CNB said:
cherr1980,
I do not understand what you meant by 53rd day.
Do you exclude holidays and weekends?

RD: 9/11
ND: 9/19
FP: 12/20

ari4u,
I went to the exact page of USCIS website but I still find the explanation so uncertain.....

CNB, Its 90 days from the RD. If it was the ND, it would have been clearly mentioned.

If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days, you may request an interim EAD document.

FYI. I got my iEAD on day 91 from RD.

Well yes. The last time I called (months ago) I asked about it and they told me "count working days". So I don't know probably I am wrong, but that is what they told me. But I mean you can try your iEAD.

Thanks. Now I am really confused. I do not want to make several trip to the DO....