Interim EAD urgent help

Dec17Rd

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
My current EAD will expire on Jan 10th. By Dec 26th 90 days are over after applying for renewal. No approval yet.
I am Maryland resident but affraid to go to Baltimore office becase guys in this forum saying they won't issue EAD on the same day.
I would like to go to either Boston or some other office where I can get EAD on the same day.
Please advice whether I can go to other than Baltimore office? If I can go, which office is least troublesome and issues EAD on the same day?
Your help is appreciated.

Originally posted by Dec17Rd
Hi Friends,
My current EAD will expire on Jan 10th. By Dec 26th 90 days are over after applying for renewal. No approval yet.
I am Maryland resident but affraid to go to Baltimore office becase guys in this forum saying they won't issue EAD on the same day.
I would like to go to either Boston or some other office where I can get EAD on the same day.
Please advice whether I can go to other than Baltimore office? If I can go, which office is least troublesome and issues EAD on the same day?
Your help is appreciated.

Dear Dec17rd:

You should call the 1-800 number for advice: 1-800-375-5283, press one and then press 9 and wait for someone to pick up the line. You CANNOT just go to any BCIS local office. Tell the rep on the phone your situation and give your zip code, (s)he would be able to advise you as which local office to go to. Good luck!

dhw

My experience with Baltimore to get interim EAD was not troublesome at all. We went after 90 days and requested an interim EAD. The officer informed that we shall be called within a month. I was called by the 4th week and given the interim EAD without any problem. But when my spouse applied for interim EAD, it took 2 weeks for them to call. So, you can expect a letter from them in 2-4 weeks.

Hi ,

My current EAD will expire on Jan 7th, 2004. I have applied for EAD renewal, RD Oct 7th. 90 Days for the application will be over on Jan 5th, 2004. Looking the current trend, I feel I might not able to get my EAD before or on Jan 7th.

I am planning to go Albany office for Interim EAD. But, as "joyin55"
said that he got his Interim EAD-- 4 weeks after applying. So what is point in applying for Interim EAD, if you do not get it on same day or within one-two day.

In my case, i have only 2 days to get Interim EAD, otherwise i would not able to work. Do they not issue Interim EAD on same day ?

What is your opinion ?

Thanks

No, you do not have to pay for interim EAD. It is on the basis of receipt of your EAD filing.

Answer for u all

Since my current EAD expiring on Jan 10th, I don't have luxury of waiting a month for them to call.

SO
I flew to Boston last Sunday and went to JFK building in Boston on Monday early morning with EAD receipt notice, I-485 receipt notice, passport and current EAD.

I thought they will refuse my application because I am Maryland resident.

But there is no such problem. I got token at around 9-30. I was called to the counter at 10-30 and asked for I-485 receipt, current EAD, EAD receipt notice and passport.

approved and issued the iEAD in next 30 minutes. No need to pay fees and no need to take photos also.

I think this helps for many guys in my situation.

do we have to have original 485 receipt notice

hi All,

When going for an interim EAD do we have to carry the original I-485 receipt notice or just a photo copy of the same is fine.

Thanks,

luckGC

Dec17RD

Did you pay$$$ for interim EAD......my EAD-RD is 10/31/03 - and old one is expiring Jan 02.....any place which is NEAR to New York, NY....pls help

any place NEAR to NY

for same day EAD......

what is the address for BOSTON OFFICE

Last edited by a moderator:
Question

Our 2nd EADs expiring on April 1st 2004. We filed for renewal in 2nd week of December. Have the receipt # (RD-12-23-03). In case we don't get it can we go to Boston to get same day EAD. We are in NJ and fall under VSC.

Thanks for your help

There is no fee for interim EAD. and Photos also not required.

The Boston office is in JFK building in downtown Boston.

You can ask any one for Government Center in Boston. That is where this JFK building is.

By car

If you stay north to Boston, take I-95 south and then I-93 South and take Govt Center exit.

If you stay south to Boston (NJ, NY) take I-95 North and take I-93 North and take Govt Center exit.

By Commuter Train:

Take any Amtrak to Boston and get down at South Station in Boston. Take Red Line subway train to Park St ( it is just next stop from South Station) and take Green Line to Govt Center (just next stop from Park St).

Lovensing

I think you are in little trouble. Since your RD date is 10/31 you are eligible for iEAD since 90 days have not passed since the RD date.

But try your luck.

Re: Answer for u all

Originally posted by Dec17Rd
Since my current EAD expiring on Jan 10th, I don't have luxury of waiting a month for them to call.

SO
I flew to Boston last Sunday and went to JFK building in Boston on Monday early morning with EAD receipt notice, I-485 receipt notice, passport and current EAD.

I thought they will refuse my application because I am Maryland resident.

But there is no such problem. I got token at around 9-30. I was called to the counter at 10-30 and asked for I-485 receipt, current EAD, EAD receipt notice and passport.

approved and issued the iEAD in next 30 minutes. No need to pay fees and no need to take photos also.

I think this helps for many guys in my situation.

Dec17rd:

This is very encouraging, Dec17rd. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I went to Newark/New Jersey office for my I-EAD, but I was turned down. My renewal application was filed over 90 days ago, but my current EAD expires end of Jan 2004. The Newark office asked me to go back days prior to my current EAD expires. Does Boston office have a similar requirement (I noticed that you wnet to the Boston office on Dec 29 and your current EAD expires Jan10 2004)? Please advise. Thank you very much and Happy New Year!!

dhw

Nope

There was no such problem. They just took my current EAD and has issued new iEAD. That also they gven for 8 months valid till 08/28/04

Hi Dec17rd:

Thanks for the information.

Do you know if teh Boston office also process interim AP travel documents?

dhw