Interim EAD Issues in California

to candie

Hi candie,

My RD is the same as yours but mine is sequential filing. Do you mind to tell me your first 2 digit of your receipt #? Mine is 54XXX.
Thanx.

needluck

WAC #

Mine is 0326550xxx..

i came to know that 03 is year, 265 is rcvd date...

what does 50 or 52 or 54 here mean?? does it have anything to do with company size or RFEs with labor or ??

is candie's WAC # like 0323552xxx??

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
rgoyal,
What document should be prepared before applying iEAD in local office, do you need to pay application fee again?(I think you have paid the EAD application fee while filing concurrent I140/485/765)
thx

I-EAD in san diego

hello,

has anyone applied for I-EAD at the chula vista center in san diego. If so pls share your experience. We were planning to try for I-ead as our 140 is still being processed. We filed concurrently in may 03. got an rfe in june on company financials . replied in sept. nothing so far. so we thought we would try for i-ead although in some cases it has been denied if rfe was issued on 140. So anyone out there can you pls tell us what documents are needed apart from the receipts of I-765 and I-485.

Needed documents!

For each applicant take the following:

-Passport
-Original Receipt, i.e., Notice of Action from USCIS, of all the applicaitons in joint filing.
-Driver lincense, if available.

Any thing else that your attorney asks you to take along.

Good luck!

EAD and I-140 hold

I'm in a peculiar situation where I can't get an interim EAD due to some 'hold' on my I-140 (We tried couple of times to get EAD and both times declined due to this hold) - the hold seems to be on for 2 months now but no information (query or RFE) has been sent to my employer or lawyer till now..My employer has sent a letter to the INS office in Laguna Niguel but my lawyer is positive that they won't even read it. According to him there is no choice but to wait..

My question is, if they won't send any information and won't respond to our inquiry how will this hold ever get removed? Will going to Laguna Niguel office in person help?? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Did you show him instructions of form 765?

Refer to my reply dated Dec. 01, 03 in the same thread. If you did not do that and want to try do so. If your attorney can go with you that may also help.

CIS is hard to deal with.

With best wishes!
rgoyal

to rgoyal

Hi, We tried explaining the I765 /90 day interim EAD rule to the guy-but didn't work. Unlike you, we didn't have the issue of H1 expiring in a few days time - Mine is good till Mar'04. Also, I think it is a matter of the individual officer you are dealing with and whether they use their discretion favorably or not.

As for my lawyer, there is no way he will go with us. He is very cool about this and keeps telling us to just wait..

RFE I-140

HI,

Just wanted to know does one get RFE twice for the same case (eg for I-140)?
Or once u have filed the answer for RFE, the decision is made final without issuing a 2nd RFE for the same case.......

Someone please reply......

Its possible...

Roma2000,

Its possible that there can be multiple RFEs on the same petition. If you look at some of the threads related to I-140, you can as well see that there were more than 1 RFEs generated for I-140 before a decision was made on the same.

Generally, it is rare that multiple RFEs being generated on the I-140 application, but cannot rule out the possibility.

Sometimes, the first RFE might be on the company's ability to pay, financial statements related to the company and then the subsequent RFE might be something related to the applicant's application (like Educational EValuation etc...).

Good Luck with your I-140. Hope you don't get multiple RFEs.

Cheers,
an_anonymous

RFE for I-140

Hi an_anonymous,

Thanks for your reply. I have received RFE for I-140 and will submit the reply around the 24th of this month.
Keeping my fingers crossed...........

roma2000

Hi Roma.

Can you please tell us if you have filed under EB2/EB3 and what was the first RFE about? What were your receipt dates/

I will be helpful to all of us....

thanx
hello

I-140 RFE

Hi hello_am

My case is substitution for labor. I had filed for I-140 in march.o3 and received my first RFE on the 14th of Oct.03 asking for the employer's ability to pay and my work experience.
Hope this info is helpful to you.....

Roma2000