Interim EAD from Houston

VenkatR

Did anybody got Interim EAD card from Houston INS office. I will be glad if anyone can answer these questions.

1. Are they issuing Interim EAD card these days?
2. If so, do they count 90 days from RD or ND? Any experience is welcome
3. Can I go to some other district office and get one if it is not issued in Houston.

Talked to iio today, she told that our (myself and my husband) I765 is still pending (not assigned to officer yet). Our I131 was approved on 9/17/01.

I485/I765/I131 RD-7/6/01 ND-8/27/01

Thanks in advance

Interim EAD

I got my interim EAD last Sept. 07, 2001 at the INS District Office in Houston. Take 1-45 North, exit 60B, take the feeder road and turn right. The office is right after the first stop sign on your righthand side. Go there early, preferrably before 7 AM and bring your I-765 receipt and a copy. They will give you an appointment letter so you can come back 2 days after to get your interim card. They go by the RD so you should be okey if yours is past 90 days already. The interim card is valid for 3 months only, but I think that\'s enough time for the real EAD to arrive in the mail. Good luck!

Interim EAD

Hi, anne 1973,

I wonder if you can help me on this. I need to get an interim EAD from Houston local INS office very urgently. But almost 4 months passed, and the lawyer told me that he hadn\'t got the receipts yet (the check was cashed with receipt # on it). Could I get an interim EAD with only the receipt # instead of the origianl receipts?

Also, how do you know from which INS local office can you get interim EAD? Does it depend on where you live or where you file your case?

Thank you very much.

Not sure

I\'m not sure if you can do that because I brought along my original EAD receipt notice. Maybe your lawyer has more experience and would know what to do. But if you have a free day, you can always go there and show them that cashed check with your SRC number on the back. Maybe they can check your RD on their computer system.

Yes, the district office had jurisdiction on Houston where I live.

One more question on Interim EAD

Hi, anne 1973,

I was told by my lawyer that if I go to get the interim EAD, the regular EAD application filed with I-485 will NOT be approved or issued. I have to renew the EAD immediately, since the interim EAD is usually valid for only 3 months. Is this true? Do you have any kind of info on this?

Thank you so much. Good luck,
Cathy

don\'t think so

I checked with TSC AVM and my regular EAD was approved Sept. 28, 2001. It might be in the mail any time soon.

Got Interim EAD from Houston District INS office

Went to Houston District INS office on 10/5/01 and was given an appointment letter for 10/12/01. Had an appointment at 7:30am, was there by 7:00am and was out by 7:45am. It was cool...

Note: They gave Interim card for 9months. 10/10/01-6/9/02