Interim EAD denied

radhika91

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I went for Interim EAD at Philadephia last week and after checking I was told that they cannot issue Interim EAD sine Vermont office has put hold on your case and they are requesting some more information from you. I am checking Case status online and till date there is no RFE or any other update.
I don't know what to do. I called National Service center and they also gave me similar answer. Is there anything I can do.
Please advise. I am not working since my EAD has expired last week.
Thanks
Adarsh Agarwal

Same here (but at CSC). I guess they did this during the "prima facie" review. In my case, the I140 is pending and has complex paperwork. Anything similar in your case?

I have got I-140 approved and waiting for approval of I-485. Also my first EAD was approved last year. So there was no reason to hold the Interim EAD.
I also heard that if EAD is not approved within 120 days, you can continue to work with the employer if your current EAD expires.
Any idea on that.
I am in a tricky situation with EAD not renewed and waiting for I-485 approval.
Thanks

radhika91, did u send copies of 485/140 receipt/approval notices along with ur application.
photos were ok or not??
did u include 1st EAD approval, ead mailer etc when u renewed?
Right fees??

These r the possible reason for any RFE in case on renewal of EAD.

I also heard that if EAD is not approved within 120 days, you can continue to work with the employer if your current EAD expires.

Who told you that?? simply absurd. To work u MUST have either EAD or iEAD unless you can make special arrangements with your employer till the time ur EAD gets renewed.

workign without EAD

I have seen similar ridiculous rumors. Instead of believing hearsay, one should check official uscis website or talk to immigration lawyer. Simple as that.